any of you streethoppers are gym goers?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I was but haven’t been in over a year since my accident. Will start going after my next operation.

masta247

Staff member
Is that a 2019 resolution thread?

I actually went back to the gym 1.5 months ago and I've been working out regularly since. Believe it or not, it started randomly by me winning a 30-day free membership on a Christmas fair. I bought a new membership at a gym I like more right after it expired though.

That's after a 3-year hiatus, and I wasn't even serious then - I had a gym in my apartment building without any free weights. Realistically, 5 years ago I stopped hitting a proper gym regularly. I'm excited to be back and it seems like it will stick this time, as I have a great gym right next to my place and I'm really enjoying it.

Now I remember how good it felt, and that many aspects of my wellbeing that I thought were related to me being younger were actually related to me working out. Apart from looking better, the regular exercise (possibly combined with motivation to stick to a much better diet) actually keeps my mind sharper.

Last edited:

yak pac fatal

^not really. just curious to see if others are as inconsistent as me lol... i'll go for a week straight then disappear for a week or 2 or just go 2-3 times a week for a month then disappear again.

masta247

Staff member
I always felt like with the gym it's either all-in or there isn't much point. That's one of the reasons why I was committed and happy with the results in the past, then took a long break, and now I'm going regularly again. If you take breaks, you're not making progress and at best maintaining your form. That just wouldn't be motivating enough for me to keep going. I always made realistic plans, starting with going twice a week - usually enough for significant newbie gains, as long as you don't take breaks. Sometimes I skip a day, in which case I just work out a day or two later. No biggie. It's rewarding to know that I can increase the weighs week after week, as long as I stick with it though.

Preach

1-2 times a week on and off for a couple of years or so. Trying to push 3 times a week but every time I keep it up for a while I just get way sick of it. Seems like 1-2 times a week is the most I can stomach.

THEV1LL4N

1-2 times a week on and off for a couple of years or so. Trying to push 3 times a week but every time I keep it up for a while I just get way sick of it. Seems like 1-2 times a week is the most I can stomach.
My stomach has gone off the rails and that 8-pack is a distant memory. Shadows, put some tips in here.

Preach

Haha, I felt like coming clean and saying I don't actually work out my stomach, but you probably just played on words anyhow. I don't believe in situps, lol.

Squats, military press, bench press, bent over row, deadlifts, pullups, dips. If that doesn't get me abs, nothing will.

Is it even okay to be 32 and aim for abs? This is a weird age, I'm not sure at what point I'm old, I just know I'm not young anymore.

Da_Funk

I cannot go to the gym for the sake of going to the gym, it's just too boring. What I do is I play hockey and develop a training regimen to improve my fitness for the sport (i.e. burst strength).

Seems to be the only way I can regularly go to the gym.

yak pac fatal

^It's more fun going with somebody because then it gets competitive.

I just got back into the mix. Been little over a month, made some gains lol.

@Preach I'm chasing the abs too, still. I'm skinny muthafucka, that shits a little bit visible but weak as fuck lol. My lower back hurts when I do ab workouts.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^tis a major operation?
I had all the metal removed from my leg and my knee fixed up.

Recovery was surprisingly quick and I've lost about 12kg since March. Keto and walking (which I couldn't do before) and some gym work - not as much as I'd have liked but work has been taking a lot of my time. Trying to do gym next 30 days straight though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.