Bizarre - The Circus Is In Town

Caesar

Staff member
Note: During our various upgrades over the years certain interviews have been "misplaced." We are now adding them back to our archives. This interview was first published on October 21, 2005.

Bizarre has reached a level of fame that few rappers ever touch, and still is yet to flex his lyrical muscles as a solo artist on a large scale.

As 2 / 12ths of the group D12, Bizarre is certainly that, sometimes wacky and often unusual. Now as he prepares to release his first solo album, Hannicap Circus, he sits down with StreetHop.com for an insight into the man and character that is Bizarre.

Tell us about your first single, “Rock Star”.
Man, it just really answers back to “My Band.” Last time people heard of me I was punching Marshall in the face and taking over his band, so that’s what “Rockstar.”

What can fans expect from Hannicap Circus?
You can expect a great, incredible, hip-hop album. It aint just your typical Bizarre and crazy lyrics, there’s a lot of hip-hop stuff on there, a lot of soulful stuff, I even sing for the ladies. We got Dead Prez on there, Big Boi from Outkast, Obie Trice real name, D12, Rafael Saadiq, Eric Serman, Devin The Dude, we’re trying to keep it funky man. [As far as production goes,] Kon Artist from D12, Eric Sermon, Rafael, Marshall did the single, and the rest of the songs are from cats that just got in the game really.

Do you find it a daunting task to step out of the D12 shadow and be a solo artist?
It’s going to be a little bit hard cause you know, I’m in a group with Marshall, and that’s one of the biggest rappers in the world you know, we always going to be in his shadows, but its all good man.

Can we expect to see you doing other things besides music like Eminem?
Yeah man definitely, I’m trying to do some more movie appearances and get my little feet wet, and the shower caps are coming out soon!

For real? What’s with the shower cap man?
I just put it on in a hotel room and never took it off, and that was three years ago.

We all saw the Punk’d episode, and it seems that whenever an African American artist gets Punk’d, there always seems to be some law enforcement involved, do you feel like that?

Yeah yeah, Punk’d, what they didn’t show you man, they didn’t show you the part where the Police pulled us over and pulled guns on us and told us to get out of the car. And that was two real cops too, only one was an actor. Like I said man, give me a restaurant manager, or a baseball coach or anyone else and see what I do with them, Ill whoop they ass. I ain’t whooping no cops ass.

How did you feel about it, did you catch some hate off it or anything?

Nah they thought it was funny man, everybody that knows me knows my eyes water when its windy outside. So they were like “Damn man you looked like you were crying, but you weren’t crying.” So you know, its all good man, publicity.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.