Games Mass Effect

masta247

Staff member
I played them all. Still didn't finish Andromeda, I paused at one of the last missions about 2 months ago, will probably finish it later this year. That's a one long (and a bit empty compared to other ME games) game!

The Mass Effect series are amongst my favorite games of all times. I disliked sci-fi until the first Mass Effect which got me hooked big time. The stories, the teammates and the authentic presentation of how it would actually feel to be there, doing what Shepard did, made the games a masterpiece. Maybe it's that bias, but the story (canon up to ME3) to me was better than all of the cult classic sci-fi books that I picked up since then. Still doesn't hold a candle to the Mass Effectt storyline, its codex and filling in the gaps with the wiki.

I loved Mass Effect 1 & 2. Both were absolutely amazing. Mass Effect 3 was good, with overly hasty and disappointing finish. Andromeda is still a Mass Effect game, just not as good imho. Most people had quality issues, but for me, it's the writing and characters that took a nosedive. It looks like EA might drop the series after Andromeda, and that would be a shame. Some better writing and Andromeda 2 could be a great game.

Last edited:

yak pac fatal

I played them all. Still didn't finish Andromeda, I paused at one of the last missions about 2 months ago, will probably finish it later this year. That's a one long (and a bit empty compared to other ME games) game!

The Mass Effect series are amongst my favorite games of all times. I disliked sci-fi until the first Mass Effect which got me hooked big time. The stories, the teammates and the authentic presentation of how it would actually feel to be there, doing what Shepard did, made the games a masterpiece. Maybe it's that bias, but the story (canon up to ME3) to me was better than all of the cult classic sci-fi books that I picked up since then. Still doesn't hold a candle to the Mass Effectt storyline, its codex and filling in the gaps with the wiki.

I loved Mass Effect 1 & 2. Both were absolutely amazing. Mass Effect 3 was good, with overly hasty and disappointing finish. Andromeda is still a Mass Effect game, just not as good imho. Most people had quality issues, but for me, it's the writing and characters that took a nosedive. It looks like EA might drop the series after Andromeda, and that would be a shame. Some better writing and Andromeda 2 could be a great game.
good post. andromeda sucks. it took me almost 6 months to finish that game. i had no desire of completing it.

i thought mass effect 3 was a bad game with fun gameplay. it made the first 2 games purposeless.

Last edited:

masta247

Staff member
i thought mass effect 3 was a bad game with fun gameplay. it made the first 2 games purposeless.
I also felt like that. I made so many different choices, even bought all the DLCs and made so many choices there. With how some stories could branch out I was very excited about how they would pull off the third game and the ending depending on the choices made in the earlier games. But even the choices made in the third game itself didn't matter at all. That was very disappointing. The game itself wasn't bad, as I enjoyed it up till the later parts and the ending, which I think by now is widely regarded as one of the more disappointing ones in the video game industry.

Yeah, with how hooked I was to the previous Mass Effect games, hoping they would never end, I have to say I feel the same about Andromeda. It's so empty and seems to drag forever. I want to finish it one day though, and really hoping for a better Mass Effect game in the future. I hope they don't kill the series.

yak pac fatal

I also felt like that. I made so many different choices, even bought all the DLCs and made so many choices there. With how some stories could branch out I was very excited about how they would pull off the third game and the ending depending on the choices made in the earlier games. But even the choices made in the third game itself didn't matter at all. That was very disappointing. The game itself wasn't bad, as I enjoyed it up till the later parts and the ending, which I think by now is widely regarded as one of the more disappointing ones in the video game industry.

Yeah, with how hooked I was to the previous Mass Effect games, hoping they would never end, I have to say I feel the same about Andromeda. It's so empty and seems to drag forever. I want to finish it one day though, and really hoping for a better Mass Effect game in the future. I hope they don't kill the series.
i felt the same way. i was so disappointed. the collector base decision had zero impact in 3 besides worthless war assets. i hate to admit it but the suicide mission negatively impacted 3. since majority of the characters can die off they decided to reduced to side characters instead of squadmates. i really missed thane, jack, miranda, legion and all of them. bioware blessed us cornball james vega and sexbot edi. 3's multiplayer was surprisingly fun.

i don't know if you noticed but all the asari's have the same faces (minus peebee and the doc). you can't even control your squadmates power in andromeda, that's so backwards. they hired unqualified people to work on the game. bioware apologized for misrepresenting a transgender character that i didn't even know existed in the game instead of apologizing for the poor writing and embarrassingly terrible facial animations.

sadly, ea did put the franchise on hold. andromeda is the first mass effect game without dlc. i think if their next game, anthem fails, bioware is done.

masta247

Staff member
they hired unqualified people to work on the game. bioware apologized for misrepresenting a transgender character that i didn't even know existed in the game instead of apologizing for the poor writing and embarrassingly terrible facial animations.
That is really annoying, and a very bad sign of our times in this regard.

I noticed the Asari faces all being the same. Also, while ME3 had boring squadmates compared to 1 or especially 2, I think Andromeda did even worse. The squad really is boring. The writing is also horrible. I facepalm at the dry joke attempts. ME2 was so good in this regard and felt really alive through the writing.

sadly, ea did put the franchise on hold. andromeda is the first mass effect game without dlc. i think if their next game, anthem fails, bioware is done.
It also is crazily discounted. I saw it for 9.99$ at Best Buy, next to an older Forza Horizon 3 for 50$. Clearly not good, and I never thought a Mass Effect game can sink so low.

masta247

Staff member

Supposed to release this year
It's just a remaster though, in particular for people with new gen consoles. I played the trilogy on PC and it didn't age badly there at all. Even the original Mass Effect still looks good at 4K ultra on PC, so the biggest differences will likely be around higher res textures and quality of life improvements.

yak pac fatal

It's just a remaster though, in particular for people with new gen consoles. I played the trilogy on PC and it didn't age badly there at all. Even the original Mass Effect still looks good at 4K ultra on PC, so the biggest differences will likely be around higher res textures and quality of life improvements.
They also released a teaser trailer for the next Mass Effect game.
I'm dying for a ground up remake of 1.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.