Games Mortal fucking Kombat 11

Kobe

This is an awesome announcement trailer.

I love MK, but I'll wait for the complete edition to be released.

Budget gamer problems.

masta247

Staff member
Boy does the music suck. I'm surprised they decided to go with it. I actually don't like the trailer, but otherwise..

Mortal Kombat X was awesome, so I'm glad this is coming out. Most of all, I respect the MK series for not censoring their games and for sticking with freedom of expression there. Even if it's because it's their game's main selling point. Still, even GTA removed most of their gore (even though they kept it in their RDR series) - I'm glad the MK series didn't succumb.

I really hate it when art or media creators are forced to limit themselves because of sensitive people who can't handle given content and it's not their cup of tea. Even worse when the law somewhere outlaws it. It's ridiculous, and somehow I think of Mortal Kombat as the series that fights the good fight for freedom of expression.
Heck, our generation did fatalities and chopped off heads in mortal kombat when we were 8 or 9 and nobody would think that there's anything wrong about that. We also read books about space travel, watched movies about banging models on a daily basis and ruled ancient Greece in other games. That's the beauty of art - you can experience a wide variety of things (that you wouldn't be able to in real life). With the 'gory' things, at least nobody was left curious of how it looks like to ever try it in real life. If someone didn't like it, they didn't play it and enjoyed their games or books or movies. Whatever floats your boat.

I really don't like the current trend of trying to streamline content into narrow guidelines of what's right or wrong on your screen, so all content becomes alike. If you can't do anything that you also can't do in real life, what's the point of digital expression? Now some countries have laws against "indecent" content. There was a kid in Canada jailed for watching popular Japanese anime because the character portrayed there didn't look like they're 18, and they were having sex. Reading about that made my blood boil.
In my book, as long as it's digital and nobody is harmed, it should be there if someone's willing to make it and there's someone interested in experiencing it for whatever reasons.
So again, I'll buy it to support the good cause - even if the game sucks, lol.

Last edited:

THEV1LL4N

The Mortal Kombat series is one of the best. I hear they've got a new engine (same as Injustice 2). I want to see what the PS4 version looks like as I'm sure that was based on the PS4 Pro version.

I didn't play MK9 properly (just versus mode). I might have to go back and play that and maybe replay MKX before this.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.