Film & TV Naruto

yak pac fatal

I only watched a few seasons. Death Note is awesome. Maybe the best. Other good ones: Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist. All of Hayao Miyazaki movies, like Nausicaa. And many more worth seeing.
What made you stop? All them fillers? lol. You gotta see Kakashi and Itachi's backstory, good stuff. Thanks I will eventually check those other anime's out. I heard Akira is a really good movie.

Safe to assume you finished Naruto before Shippuden?

You ever play any of the Naruto games? I'm thinking of giving them a try.

Last edited:

Jokerman

I just got bored with it at the time. I'm more into anime movies than series. Never played any Naruto games. Akira was probably ground-breaking when it was released, but after watching anime that came after it first, it was a bit of a let down for me.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Attack On Titan is the goat

I hear a lot about it. My sister was watching it after the first or second season and then had that long-ass wait for the next season. She's a closeted weab and as soon as she comes home, she makes dinner and starts watching some anime stuff on Hulu. Every damn day.

I will say that I am excited about the new DOTA anime. It'll be the first anime I've watched since high school. Even back then, I can only say I've seen the Devil May Cry anime. But mainly because it had a pretty sick intro theme.

yak pac fatal

I hear a lot about it. My sister was watching it after the first or second season and then had that long-ass wait for the next season. She's a closeted weab and as soon as she comes home, she makes dinner and starts watching some anime stuff on Hulu. Every damn day.

I will say that I am excited about the new DOTA anime. It'll be the first anime I've watched since high school. Even back then, I can only say I've seen the Devil May Cry anime. But mainly because it had a pretty sick intro theme.
Lol. Never thought I'd be into anime but here I am. AoT is dope. Started it a little after Naruto. Season 4 has been awesome so far. I don't know much about DOTA. PC game right? Devil May Cry worth watching? I enjoyed the games.

dilla

Lol. Never thought I'd be into anime but here I am. AoT is dope. Started it a little after Naruto. Season 4 has been awesome so far. I don't know much about DOTA. PC game right? Devil May Cry worth watching? I enjoyed the games.
Yeah, I have no issue with anime itself but growing up in the early-2000s, anime fans were almost 100% weirdos. Obsessed with it. I think the demographic has changed in the past few years and now it's more accepted by the younger crowd and in fact we see more and more memes derived from anime.

My sister keeps telling me to watch Titan so maybe I'll get around to it eventually.

As for DOTA, yeah, it's a PC game. I was late to the party and started playing in 2017 but it's been around much longer than that. The original was a WC3 "mod" or something which eventually became its own standalone game. I think the DOTA anime is going to be "lore" or the backstories behind certain characters from the game. I know it's going to bring in new players to the game who watch the anime then realize it's based on a game and decide to try it out. Might bring back some older players too.

DMC was pretty good. I think I watched DMC and Bleach back in 2007. As a freshman in college, I had a very weird roommate that was all about anime and he had given me a bunch to try. I too played the DMC games and the anime is based on the games and not the other way around. I think it's one season and if you have Hulu, it's on there. It's worth a shot and I really liked it. The intro. scene starting from the first episode had me hooked. That and the intro. theme is amazing.

yak pac fatal

Yeah, I have no issue with anime itself but growing up in the early-2000s, anime fans were almost 100% weirdos. Obsessed with it. I think the demographic has changed in the past few years and now it's more accepted by the younger crowd and in fact we see more and more memes derived from anime.

My sister keeps telling me to watch Titan so maybe I'll get around to it eventually.

As for DOTA, yeah, it's a PC game. I was late to the party and started playing in 2017 but it's been around much longer than that. The original was a WC3 "mod" or something which eventually became its own standalone game. I think the DOTA anime is going to be "lore" or the backstories behind certain characters from the game. I know it's going to bring in new players to the game who watch the anime then realize it's based on a game and decide to try it out. Might bring back some older players too.

DMC was pretty good. I think I watched DMC and Bleach back in 2007. As a freshman in college, I had a very weird roommate that was all about anime and he had given me a bunch to try. I too played the DMC games and the anime is based on the games and not the other way around. I think it's one season and if you have Hulu, it's on there. It's worth a shot and I really liked it. The intro. scene starting from the first episode had me hooked. That and the intro. theme is amazing.
Yo lmao they really were weirdos and some still are. I had couple of friends who I used to ball with and they were obsessed with Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and I'm sure other animes.

I remember watching Dragon Ball Z back in the day but I didn't think much of it. It's crazy how mainstream it has become.

But Attack is def worth checking out. Just know you're starting at the top when it comes to animes IMO. Everything will be downhill after AoT lol.

dilla

Yo lmao they really were weirdos and some still are. I had couple of friends who I used to ball with and they were obsessed with Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and I'm sure other animes.

I remember watching Dragon Ball Z back in the day but I didn't think much of it. It's crazy how mainstream it has become.

But Attack is def worth checking out. Just know you're starting at the top when it comes to animes IMO. Everything will be downhill after AoT lol.
It def. has become more mainstream. Admittedly, I was in to Pokemon in 99 and still dabble in the new releases. I stopped when the Switch had the Sword and Shield thing, but I still only played the games and have probably only seen like a dozen episodes of the show.

But while Pokemon was still big in middle school for me, DBZ was big only within a certain few demographics. Really it was the black and latino students that went all out on it, but they still weren't weird about it. Most of them tried to draw the characters so they'd find images on the internet and start drawing them.

The anime weirdos were really just an issue on the internet. Back then, when 500 kbps was considered fast as fuck, people would download like 5 GB files over the span of a few days and would just go nuts in the discussions over it. I had 56k lol so I'd get a few episodes a week, if I tried. But so many forums had people with anime profile pics that were weird as fuck, and it looks like the trend continues today and it ends up being some weird as fuck people. But that's a different discussion.

But it looks like anime is so big today that streaming services are going all-in on them. Like Sony buying up Crunchyroll and HBO and Hulu signing big deals with anime studios for new stuff and rights to old stuff.

masta247

Staff member
I think the only anime I ever watched was Pokemon, DBZ and Captain Tsubasa. Whenever I see my friends watch anime and I'm around I'm impressed by the vibes. I'm not sure why people who love anime get such a bad rep - personally I think they're a great form of art, unless they drive you into the creepy weeaboo territory. I'm glad they're becoming more popular in the mainstream. I always thought that even plot-aside, worlds portrayed in anime are often incredibly beautiful, and that's what got me so hooked on Pokemon as a kid.

Last edited:
I only watched a few seasons. Death Note is awesome. Maybe the best. Other good ones: Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist. All of Hayao Miyazaki movies, like Nausicaa. And many more worth seeing.
Phoenix by Tezuka is an absolute epic and my all time favorite. I still enjoy the original mangas to this day. I can't say the same for others like Dragon Ball.

also, yak pac fatal should come back more often.:cool:
940A2B89-80F6-442F-8251-1F2CB7299C40.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.