2pac / Afeni Documentary

TheCat

Am really glad to see another documentary of PAC, and to have it include with the history of his mother's relationship with the black panthers is a genius contribution.

Preach

Only watched the first episode so far, and as I would have thought, it's mostly a background episode that mostly talks about the black panthers and Afeni. Even still they managed to sneak some cool footage in there. That one episode from the TV show where he's in like a ring of people discussing various topics has never been seen before afaik. Would have loved to see that whole episode and not just the 2Pac highlights. I think there's more footage from that show in the second episode.

Anyway, so far it also seems thoroughly good.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Only watched the first episode so far, and as I would have thought, it's mostly a background episode that mostly talks about the black panthers and Afeni. Even still they managed to sneak some cool footage in there. That one episode from the TV show where he's in like a ring of people discussing various topics has never been seen before afaik. Would have loved to see that whole episode and not just the 2Pac highlights. I think there's more footage from that show in the second episode.

Anyway, so far it also seems thoroughly good.

I just watched the first episode....

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Okay. I'm a big fan. Allen Hughes has done a really good job. There are a lot of people close to 2pac who have input into the documentary. It's very well balanced, very fair. It reflects on Tupac and Afeni, both the good and the bad. My childish loyalty to 2pac meant that I had issues with Allen Hughes profiting from 2pac considering how their relationship had developed and the fact 2pac had to spend time in county jail after the (from the sounds of it, unjustified) beat down of Hughes. But Allen Hughes has definitely put together a great documentary and has put his professionalism above any bad feeling, if there is any. I'm on episode 3 and I'm hooked

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.