Any footage from the New Orleans concert?

masta247

Staff member
So 2pac's concerts were either canceled (like the Easy E tour due to Dre leaving DR) or he was banned from performing pretty much since his release until his death. Apart from occasional, small club performances, he only did three or four major concerts - the most notable being the House of Blues performance, but there were also big concerts in Cleveland and New Orleans. The Cleveland concert recording is all over Youtube, but the New Orleans concert bits seem to be missing from Youtube. It's the same tour, but 2pac actually played different songs during each of these concerts.

However, someone seems to have pretty good quality audio of the New Orleans concert. I was only able to locate a couple individual songs, most notably his live performance of "Shorty Wanna be a Thug":

Does anyone have the video footage, or the audio of his entire performance? If it's not public, do you know who recorded / has it? It's his Jan 6 1996 performance, that was cut short due to Dogg Pound underperforming.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Preach

If I understand things correctly, the Ohio show and the New Orleans show were parts of that Eazy E tour.

And I'm pretty sure only audio of the New Orleans show leaked.

masta247

Staff member
If I understand things correctly, the Ohio show and the New Orleans show were parts of that Eazy E tour.

And I'm pretty sure only audio of the New Orleans show leaked.
Yup, that's correct. Any chance you have the audio of the New Orleans tour? The Youtube clip above is from that one, and I believe he performed a couple of MATW songs there, including "Outlaw". The audio recording above is not great but much better quality than the best we have from the Ohio show.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.