Are Shady / G-Unit destroying the true Hip Hop culture???

First off, i've had a few beers and just tryin to express how im feelin at this moment. So if this thread could've been better, im sorry.

Im just tryna say, i dont like where hip hop is at right now. Its just way too commercial. Like, everywhere you look the whole image is just abused and fucked with everywhere. Its 'cool' to like Hip Hop from a commercial point of view.

In my opinion, Eminem and the whole Shady / Aftermath movement has been an instiagtor for this.

Ya know what im too fucked for this, someone elaborate on what the fuck im tryna say?! anyone?

Has all this helped, or destroyed Hip Hop right now in your opinion?

sorry bout the fucked up topic, i intended to write good shit but, it aint happenin right now.

No.

They are the top dogs in what is an extremely commercial period for Hip Hop as a whole but it is not their fault - they're just making the best of the events that unfold.

You want to blame somebody, look to MTV, BET & the rest of them.

In fact just listen to Mos Def's The Rapeover.....you'll need to download it unless you copped an early copy of the album.

Twirlzy said:
First off, i've had a few beers and just tryin to express how im feelin at this moment. So if this thread could've been better, im sorry.

Im just tryna say, i dont like where hip hop is at right now. Its just way too commercial. Like, everywhere you look the whole image is just abused and fucked with everywhere. Its 'cool' to like Hip Hop from a commercial point of view.

In my opinion, Eminem and the whole Shady / Aftermath movement has been an instiagtor for this.

Ya know what im too fucked for this, someone elaborate on what the fuck im tryna say?! anyone?

sorry bout the fucked up topic, i intended to write good shit but, it aint happenin right now.
You're blaming just Shady/Aftermath for making hiphop too commercial instead of bigger crossover rap acts like Black Eyed Peas and Outkast?

But acutally, its nobody's fault but corporate America - you know, these companies tryin cash in on it. HipHop has been commercial for years. Why just blame it all Shady/Aftermath?

roaches

Yes. They are also introducing new, virulent strains of HIV to destroy Africans. If you play "In Da Club" backwards, it says "Dear George W. Bush: Saddam has WMDs. I saw them, swear to God." It's no coincidence that the momentum to the war in Iraq blew up around the same time as 50 Cent. Oh, you know how steroids blew up as an issue recently? That's a result of 50's body (no homo). Did you hear about white people being angry at their moms before Eminem blew up? I never did! Did you know that Osama bin Laden's favorite rapper is Marshall Mathers? Did you know that the Game is actually white, and while not ruining hip-hop, writes for People Magazine and is a producer for Access Hollywood? Do you know how much G-Unit hate hip-hop? They always rhyme on beats from De La Soul songs on mixtapes because they hate that legendary hip-hop group and are trying to hijack the flyness. In 2008, Sha Money XL is going to go back in time to 1996 and whisper, "Yo, Pac, ain't you hot in that vest?" He's going to go back further in time after that, and give kick Ms. Wallace in the stomach, ensuring that her son will have a lazy eye and won't be able to see the bullets coming. Do you know who shot Kool Herc at his own party? Young Buck. This just in - terrorists in Iraq, led by G-Unit, have kidnapped hip-hop and are threatening to cut its head off! Do you know who executive produced Nas's Nastradamus? Lloyd Banks. Spider Loc was directly responsible for All Eyez on Me. In the year 2332, 50 Cent will go back in time and force feed the last three hundred years worth of hip-hop down to Andre Benjamin's throat, causing him to become bored with rap and decide to start playing the guitar and listening to too much Prince. Oh, fuck. Someone's banging on the door. It's Young Bu

xxx

Right, i agree. These are some artists i blame MORE for the destruction of hip-hop:

lil john - non creative, milks the same shit for years, never brings anything new to the game

Master P - not an original bone in his body, bites everyone possible, good thing he isnt too big anymore though

Puffy - turning rap into a fashion show

Mase - had the chance to return to drop some deep stuff but put out bubble gum garbage once again

And rappers that have huge r and b influence. In order to save rap, we need to seperate the two genres as much as possible.

Yeah, they should just fuck off and leave Lil Jon, Chingy and Nelly to rep the REAL hip-hop.

God, it was never like this back in the day of Tupac, Biggie and Jay-Z...

No.

They are the top dogs in what is an extremely commercial period for Hip Hop as a whole but it is not their fault - they're just making the best of the events that unfold.

You want to blame somebody, look to MTV, BET & the rest of them.
:thumb: Well said.

Last time I checked "Hey Ya" is as poppy and commercial as you can get, and Eminem didn't make that song.

ARon

Blame yourself, blame every man you see listening to rap, blame the mother fucker who sold it to you. It is our fault, we are the ones who tune into MTV, BET, The O'Reilly Factor and all the shows everyday, we are the ones making these "pop" albums so successful. We are the ones Downloading every fucking thing so we dont spend any money, making no revenue for any artist out their with a decent sense of hip-hop. Maybe you aren't to blame, but I am damn sure you know someone who is. It will all come back to you in some way, so blame your god damn self.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Twirlzy said:

pretty much every rapper is destroying the hip hop culture, you can't just single out any one act (nomatter how shitty gunit may be)

every style of music approaches a point where its peaked, rap hit its peak quite a few years over

ArtsyGirl

Hip Hop is a dream to Corporate America. The whole style and attitude of having the nicest things: Cars, Jewellery, Houses etc it all involves spending large amounts of money and the advertisements are the music video's and now shows like Pimp My Ride, MTV Cribs extend that. So record companies want artists who are easy to manipulate into that image. That is all part of Hip Hop but its taken over all the other elements so thats all we have left. I swear the underground scene is looking better every day.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.