Are you feeling frustrated and unhappy?

THEV1LL4N

Finally booked myself in for some counselling. Unfortunately, I was unable to book it initially and got discharged back to GP so had to restart the whole process from scratch. Just awaiting the telephone assessment which will happen in the new year because of the festive period which put a delay on things. Will see how it goes...

I want to do yoga, stretching and learn how to meditate but I need the motivation and routine for it. I don't have a proper routine at the moment. I'm just hopeful that things will get better soon but I need some help along the way, to talk to someone.

masta247

Staff member
I want to do yoga, stretching and learn how to meditate but I need the motivation and routine for it. I don't have a proper routine at the moment. I'm just hopeful that things will get better soon but I need some help along the way, to talk to someone.
You can always create a thread anywhere here and let it all out :)

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
You can always create a thread anywhere here and let it all out :)
Like our Android thread lol

We really need to make a Discord or Hangouts group for our Android talks because I just removed SH from my bookmarks the other day after adding it after we had that huge spike in activity like 6 months ago.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
Like our Android thread lol

We really need to make a Discord or Hangouts group for our Android talks because I just removed SH from my bookmarks the other day after adding it after we had that huge spike in activity like 6 months ago.
How many bookmarks you got that you can't keep a spare space for StreetHop?

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
How many bookmarks you got that you can't keep a spare space for StreetHop?
18 lol

And they're sites I visit almost daily. Plus, I like keeping things clean, despite being messy everywhere else in my life. Tabs and bookmarks and home screens, I can't stand just having stuff there that I only use once in a while.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Finally booked myself in for some counselling. Unfortunately, I was unable to book it initially and got discharged back to GP so had to restart the whole process from scratch. Just awaiting the telephone assessment which will happen in the new year because of the festive period which put a delay on things. Will see how it goes...

You can’t go wrong with getting some counseling.

Yoga is amazing. It really keeps me grounded. I find it’s a good combo of fitness for the body and the mind. Find a place. Do a trial. Their schedule will help you set your routine.

Preach

So, I would advise that you be careful about "learning" these uh, what are they... disciplines?

This is purely philosophical, but by saying "learning" you are implying that there is a confined boundary within which you must practice to be able to call it what you're calling it. That's a huge mistake.

For practicing yoga, you need to know a few things so as to a) not hurt yourself, and b) get the full effect. If you learn about respiration and about anatomy, you should be able to create your own yoga excercises. Don't try to get into some boring yoga lesson where some fruity ass person tried to get you to execute their ritual as if that's what's special. Learn to know how the various muscles and tendons are arranged, and how to effectively stretch and activate them. This is a reading excercise, not a "show up at some gym room with a female instructor and follow her lead" excercise. Then, one day, sit down on the floor, breathe, and do the thing. You're supposed to get in touch with your own spirit. There's nothing formulaic about it, it's an individual experience.

And especially meditation. It's not something you learn. You don't learn to meditate, as in, it's not a proactive thing you do. Meditation is about confining your thoughts, not conjuring thoughts. It's not something you do, it's something that happens while you're doing something entirely different. You clear your mind of thoughts and boom, you're in meditation. You can practice that anywhere. Close your eyes on the bus and think nothing. As you do it more and more, you'll get better and better at it, and congrats - you now know how to meditate. Again, if you get lost in the whole ancient rituals and formulaic execution thing that most snowflakes do, you're missing the whole point. That's a social move, not an individual move. That's aligning yourself with the stuff you want other people to see you aligned with. Meditation is personal and no one can tell you how to achieve silence in your mind, you need to figure that out. But you can do it anywhere, any time. It's just a matter of practicing having no thought in your mind, and out of that will be born many new observations about yourself and how you fit into the world. The moment you get lost trying to remember the name of the essential oil you need to carry out the ritual, or whatever, you're... well this is my subjective perspective, but I would say you're actually going off the path you're trying to follow when you get lost in that shit. The most important part of all of this if you are trying to find the depths of your soul is critical thinking. Humans tend towards ritualistic behaviour. Suppress the need to be a primate and steer clear of the world of snake oil if you want to find something valuable within yourself. You don't need aromas and living flame or any of that bullshit. Those are distractions.

That's just my two million cents on the matter. Don't contract the basic bitch syndrome.

Last edited:
No. Just channeling my inner angry black man. Bitch asss mofos. :D

I couldn't get past Joe Rogan/Kat Williams talking about time keeping compass Anunnaki wristwatch or some shit like that.

I like spaghetti and e-taking loud like Italians.

Ferrari, Gucci! Gucci! Lamborghini, Fettuccine, Pizza! Pizza! Meet my cousins, Alfredo! Tony, Tony, Tony and Maria!

Last edited:
So, I would advise that you be careful about "learning" these uh, what are they... disciplines?

This is purely philosophical, but by saying "learning" you are implying that there is a confined boundary within which you must practice to be able to call it what you're calling it. That's a huge mistake.

For practicing yoga, you need to know a few things so as to a) not hurt yourself, and b) get the full effect. If you learn about respiration and about anatomy, you should be able to create your own yoga excercises. Don't try to get into some boring yoga lesson where some fruity ass person tried to get you to execute their ritual as if that's what's special. Learn to know how the various muscles and tendons are arranged, and how to effectively stretch and activate them. This is a reading excercise, not a "show up at some gym room with a female instructor and follow her lead" excercise. Then, one day, sit down on the floor, breathe, and do the thing. You're supposed to get in touch with your own spirit. There's nothing formulaic about it, it's an individual experience.

And especially meditation. It's not something you learn. You don't learn to meditate, as in, it's not a proactive thing you do. Meditation is about confining your thoughts, not conjuring thoughts. It's not something you do, it's something that happens while you're doing something entirely different. You clear your mind of thoughts and boom, you're in meditation. You can practice that anywhere. Close your eyes on the bus and think nothing. As you do it more and more, you'll get better and better at it, and congrats - you now know how to meditate. Again, if you get lost in the whole ancient rituals and formulaic execution thing that most snowflakes do, you're missing the whole point. That's a social move, not an individual move. That's aligning yourself with the stuff you want other people to see you aligned with. Meditation is personal and no one can tell you how to achieve silence in your mind, you need to figure that out. But you can do it anywhere, any time. It's just a matter of practicing having no thought in your mind, and out of that will be born many new observations about yourself and how you fit into the world. The moment you get lost trying to remember the name of the essential oil you need to carry out the ritual, or whatever, you're... well this is my subjective perspective, but I would say you're actually going off the path you're trying to follow when you get lost in that shit. The most important part of all of this if you are trying to find the depths of your soul is critical thinking. Humans tend towards ritualistic behaviour. Suppress the need to be a primate and steer clear of the world of snake oil if you want to find something valuable within yourself. You don't need aromas and living flame or any of that bullshit. Those are distractions.

That's just my two million cents on the matter. Don't contract the basic bitch syndrome.
This is pretty good. Whatever floats your boat, unless if I think it's wrong. :D:eek:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.