Games Cyberpunk 2077

masta247

Staff member
The game has been in development for many years now, and it's going to be huge - they are at least as serious about it as with the Witcher games. I'll surely be getting it. It also tells a lot that Microsoft saved it for the last, considering there were huge exclusives announced before (like new Forza Horizon) and it's not even an Xbox exclusive, yet it got the first-class treatment of being the final announcement at their E3 stage.

Considering it's CD Projekt, I expect nothing less than no political correctness or censorship, just great portrayal of an interesting and hugely immersive world, which is a breath of fresh air.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Oh is this the same Polish guys that developed Witcher?

I never got into Witcher, not my style, but definitely want to support them and this if it is.

masta247

Staff member
Oh is this the same Polish guys that developed Witcher?

I never got into Witcher, not my style, but definitely want to support them and this if it is.
Yup, CD Projekt, same guys. Witcher was also so-so my style, but the game itself was great and amazingly huge.

masta247

Staff member
I just dont like fantasy games or movies really. Fuck with Game of Thrones, but can't do like, LoTR...
Me too, but the redeeming factor is that while most fantasy is fairies and dark elves, the Witcher is about abusing booze, slaying mutants (and some peasants) and fucking bitches.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Me too, but the redeeming factor is that while most fantasy is fairies and dark elves, the Witcher is about abusing booze, slaying mutants (and some peasants) and fucking bitches.
Hmmm maybe I should check out the last one then...

masta247

Staff member
The game is beautiful but is sadly unfinished, looks like they were cornered to release it after pushing it so many times. It's like optimizations and Q&A are in their early stages. At the moment even my PC is struggling with it, and it's the buggiest game I've ever played to date, beating even the most infamous Ubisoft and Bethesda titles by a long shot.
Hope they finish the game via patches in the weeks to come. I want to enjoy it properly once that happens, at the moment issues are just way too immersion-breaking. I'm good since I have other stuff to play, but avoiding spoilers and memes will be tough.

masta247

Staff member
Game has been a flop on consoles. Maybe they can do what no mans sky is and gradually rebuild their reputation
They will be definitely trying hard. They announced major patches coming in January and February.
The game is still poorly optimized on all platforms, it's just the strong ones can brute force through it.

Sure, it's a PC-first game but they were originally targeting only base consoles lol. It was by luck that they pushed the release date so many times until late enough that it ended up launching after the Series X and PS5 launched, making it playable at least on some consoles. It's especially funny since the new gen consoles are running it in backwards compatibility mode since next gen version isn't officially finished yet.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I read that Sony users are having issues getting refunds after the devs said they could request them until the 21st. It might be for Xbox users, too, but the videos I've seen discussing it have shown chat logs with Sony reps refusing to issue a refund once the game has been downloaded.

Lots of discussion about how pre-orders are a scam and that people should stop pre-ordering games, no matter the dev, publisher, or series, because it can always go to shit. I didn't know this but CDPR was supposed to be a real consumer-friendly company that didn't have DRM on its games, etc. And now this was their first slip up but a rather big one. Looks like this game might go on sale whenever the issues are mostly ironed out some time next year and it might just be a $40 game from there on out.

Now it makes sense why CDPR was DMCAing videos that showed in-game footage before its release. They knew it looked like shit and didn't want people to know beforehand, at least on the OG consoles of last gen.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I’ve got it but haven’t played it yet. Want to finish Valhalla and kind of thinking of waiting for the next gen upgrade to come out.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I’ve got it but haven’t played it yet. Want to finish Valhalla and kind of thinking of waiting for the next gen upgrade to come out.

Return it. Pick it up when it's like 30% off in a few months when they may have fixed the issues by then.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.