depressed about graduating

hey guys..
im in grade 12 and all my friends and stuff are graduating and goin on to university.. im graduating too but i gotta do another semester to bring my marks up for university.. anyways everyones movin to campus and shit so its like im the only one left back and i gotta do another fuckin half year of high school..

so i was wonderin.. when u graduated did you stay close with all your friends from high school or did most of your friends go their seperate ways?

linx

Staff member
Why can't you still stay in touch and all that? Just because you gotta stay a little longer, that shouldn't mean you gotta grow apart from your friends. Me personally, I didn't even graduate from high shool. Plus, I don't really ever see people from high school either. I talk to a few here and there and as far as actually seeing them, it doesn't happen too often. Only when I may bump into them out of the blue really.

The.Menace

Staff member
I'm still close with my friends from back then but we don't see each other very often. Some work, some moved, some study. I know it's depressing but it's the way it is, a different period in your life is about to start and with this new period, new people come along the way. It's depressing but I learn to live with it. In the end, you'r always on your own.

Missy "C"

No, I don't spend a lot of time with them anymore, and that's making me think that maybe our friendship was not as strong as we though :( But when are together (and that's only once a month) we have a lot of fun, so it makes me feel a little confused...

Don't be so negative about half year of high school, when you start university you'll miss it a lot. Good luck ;)

derdeet said:
hey guys..
im in grade 12 and all my friends and stuff are graduating and goin on to university.. im graduating too but i gotta do another semester to bring my marks up for university.. anyways everyones movin to campus and shit so its like im the only one left back and i gotta do another fuckin half year of high school..

so i was wonderin.. when u graduated did you stay close with all your friends from high school or did most of your friends go their seperate ways?
You will lose contacts with most of them within 2-3 years except for your close friends of course. Sorry, but true :(

yak pac fatal

derdeet said:
hey guys..

why dont u take that half year of high school over the summer thats what my friend did

you'll make new friends. i have the greatest group of friends i've ever had in my life right now and none of em are my high school friends, and my high school friends were amazing. dont worry make new friends.

Makiaveli said:
you'll make new friends. i have the greatest group of friends i've ever had in my life right now and none of em are my high school friends, and my high school friends were amazing. dont worry make new friends.
You said it buddy.

I understand it's a tough time, but people grow and people change.

You may not even want to hang around some of your high school friends in a few years time. They'll be movin on to new places, meeting new people etc.. and you'll be doing the same.

You'll be making such better friends and in the end it'll turn out to be one of the best things that has happened to you.

I can say the same for myself. I do talk with some of my high school buddies, but not many. The new friends I've made since high school are fucking cool as hell.

It's a win-lose situation I guess.

You'll be fine bud :)

that's true, I'm realising that I have more in common with the people I'm meeting at the uni than some of my high school friends. I was also afraid of that when I started, but it's not that bad, most people I know say that studying at university was the best time of their lives

Missy "C" said:
that's true, I'm realising that I have more in common with the people I'm meeting at the uni than some of my high school friends. I was also afraid of that when I started, but it's not that bad, most people I know say that studying at university was the best time of their lives
well everyone is at uni for mostly the same reason whereas high school is basically forced so u'll have more in common.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.