Food Diaries

Da_Funk

Breakfast: Apple slices with peanut butter + a nut/grain mix

Lunch: Quinoa stir fry

Supper: Chicken breast, mashed potatoes + yams, and salad with carrots, onion, cucumber, pepper and pickle.

Glockmatic

Breakfast is my most calorie dense meal - 5-6 hard boiled eggs, 6 pieces of bacon, two scoop protein shake in water (lactose intolerance), one avocado. Around 1000 calories
Lunch - Usually at work I just go and grab a sandwich at Subway. Probably 600 calories.
Dinner - Chicken breast with roasted vegetables (drizzle with coconut oil). Around 500 calories. Before my feeding window closes, I drink a casein protein shake which is around 200 calories.

It's not a lot of calories because I'm on a cut, but it's a lot of protein and fats to keep me full throughout the day. Sometimes I even forget to eat.

ARon

I eat like shit. I'll write what i eat today. I've always wanted to start a food diary to change my eating habits, just reading would make go what the fuck.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
every morning i eat the same for breakfast at work. i have a cup of coffee before i leave for work, then a ham and cheese sandwich on a muffin at work with black tea. that's the only habit. after that it depends. but i go for about three meals so that after breakfast, i only have to eat at lunch and once at home when i get home from work. i stay away from snacking, it's not my thing.

Da_Funk

Breakfast: Pear, mandarin orange and a bowl of nuts/seeds/rains. With coffee about an hour later.

Mid morning snack: Can of tuna (100g) and a banana

Lunch: Salad

Mid afternoon snack: Some kind've italian sandwich thing; had salmon + tomato + cheese in it and a small salad.

Dinner: Leftover quinoa stir fry.

All meals with water or herbal tea.

Fuck yeah I'm healthy!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I have started logging what I eat on myfitnesspal and logging my activity by using a fitbit ultra. I am also logging my sleep. Because... I am a dork and interested to look at my eating, sleeping and exercise habits. I am joining a gym soon, so this is my usual activeness, no exercise...!

Monday

Food
Calories - 2473
Fat - 106 g
Fiber - 30 g
Carbs - 293 g
Sodium - 2694 mg
Protein - 84 g
Water - 1892.7 ml
Daily Calorie Composition: 48% from carbs, 38% from fat and 14% from protein.

Sleep
YOUR SLEEP EFFICIENCY - 97%
You went to bed at - 10:00PM
Time to fall asleep - 22min
Times awakened - 6
You were in bed for - 9hrs 0min
Actual sleep time - 8hrs 22min

Activity
Steps - 5480
Distance - 2.46 miles
Floors Climbed - 3

Tuesday

Food
Calories - 2068
Fat - 74 g
Fiber - 21 g
Carbs - 248 g
Sodium - 1758 mg
Protein - 87 g
Water - 1892.7 ml
Daily Calorie Composition: 49% from carbs, 34% from fat and 17% from protein

Sleep
YOUR SLEEP EFFICIENCY - 96%
Time to fall asleep - 18min
Times awakened - 10
You were in bed for - 9hrs 0min
Actual sleep time - 8hrs 20min

Activity
Steps - 7006
Distance - 3.07 miles
Floors Climbed - 11

Wednesday

Food
Calories - 3414
Fat - 140 g
Fiber - 21 g
Carbs - 431 g
Sodium - 3370 mg
Protein - 104 g
Water - 2236.6 ml
Daily Calorie Composition: 51% from carbs, 37% from fat and 12% from protein.

Sleep
YOUR SLEEP EFFICIENCY - 99%
Time to fall asleep - 2min
Times awakened - 1
You were in bed for - 9hrs 25min
Actual sleep time - 9hrs 13min

Activity
Steps - 7704
Distance - 3.46 miles
Floors Climbed - 5

It's not exact. Because I have to add glasses of water which I thought would be 250ml but they are actually 200ml. So I have drunk 250ml extra per litre of water...!

I have also been getting earlier nights than usual as I didn't sleep much at the weekend...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
lol... I did say this wasn't my usual sleep pattern. I usually do 6 hours a night.

You attach the dongle to an arm strap and it works out depending on your movements, when you are asleep and when you are awake. It has lots of sensors and can work out when you are horrizontal and vertical, also.

Da_Funk

lol... I did say this wasn't my usual sleep pattern. I usually do 6 hours a night.

You attach the dongle to an arm strap and it works out depending on your movements, when you are asleep and when you are awake. It has lots of sensors and can work out when you are horrizontal and vertical, also.
I'd like to try something like this but I have a feeling it'd keep me up

Da_Funk

After 6 weeks of heavy lifting and eating a shit ton of meat (to meet protein levels) I've decided to revert back to a plant based diet. Why?

A.) I can see the improvement in my strength and the shape of my body but, but I often feel lethargic

B.) I can't shit on a high meat diet. That, and I would have gas all day long that was horribly potent.

C.) It's only been 5 days and I already feel better.

D.) I am going to keep going to the gym and exercising

ARon

I was never a fan of people eating enormous amounts of meat to reach high protein levels. Too much is bad, plain and simple. Have you tried any protein shakes or something similar?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The more I read about Protein Shakes, the more I wonder if they are good for the average person. Unless you are actually using all the protein you are drinking, it seems you are just working your kidneys harder.

Da_Funk

The more I read about Protein Shakes, the more I wonder if they are good for the average person. Unless you are actually using all the protein you are drinking, it seems you are just working your kidneys harder.
That's why I don't take one at the moment.

masta247

Staff member
you sleep too much.
Well, the fact that people require less sleep as they age is a misconception. With time, you lose the ability to sleep long enough and thus your energy levels also drop quicker (usually earlier in the evening). Most people still need 7-9 hours of sleep to be in their prime form the whole day, even if they wake up feeling great after 5 hours they'll be tired and sleepy faster. Their bodies will suffer as it's not enough for example for your eyes to recover, or your mind to function optimally.

What usually happens with time is - you train your body that you have to wake up early in the morning. It usually is a sudden step (for example from a healthy 7-9 hours going down to 6, feeling rested in the morning and being unable to sleep further). Afterwards, you feel you need only this amount of sleep believing it's your new sleep pattern but you also notice that you aren't as full of energy in the evening, that your eyesight isn't as sharp, your mind isn't as sharp and you stop noticing things outdoors etc.
The truth is that vast majority of people need AT LEAST 7 hours, a lot of people need 8-9 a night ON AVERAGE (meaning that if you sleep 5 hours one night you have to sleep 12 the other night) for their bodies to function optimally.
This is what really happens and the fact that people say that it's okay and you need less sleep as you age only gives you false comfort.

A common misperception is that the amount of sleep required decreases as a person ages. The ability to sleep for long periods, rather than the need for sleep, appears to be lost as people get older.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/1999/1001/p1431.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.