Fortnite

vg4030

Im surprised no one has made a thread on this yet?

Anyone play? I started a couple of weeks ago and can honestly say I suck at it

vg4030

When I saw clips etc it looked like a lot of hard work but it's surprisingly addictive.

I don't see how kids are addicted to the extent they are.. I'm not at the nappy wearing stage yet.

masta247

Staff member
Not a fan. Liked PUBG, but mostly the novelty of the concept, not to actually play regularly. By the time Fortnite came out, I lost interest.

Probably that's mostly because I actually don't like multiplayer games. If I wanted to see real people, I'd go outside. I play games when I'm on a break from that.

ARon

It was cool for a week. I'm not trying to play Bob the builder. Game mechancis were bad, I'd rather play 5 other fps games before fortnite. Not saying fortnite is an fps but if I'm playing a game where I need to shoot people fortnite is not my choice of game

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I think the game has an issue with running on any Mac, no matter how powerful it is. I ran it on my decent setup and it ran at 30 FPS, barely, on low. It was not fun and stuttered like crazy. It runs just fine when I tried it on my iPad Pro, but I can't play games like that on mobile. I need a keyboard and mouse.

It's a free game but has made billions of dollars already, which is nuts. I like free to play games and while I normally stick to the free aspect of it, I have spent some money because the game was good and enjoyable beyond just a few weeks.

Instead of Fortnite, I picked up DOTA last October. Late as hell to the party but it's a fun game and I was about to buy the season pass a month or two back but I knew I wouldn't have the time to play it.

Last thing I heard about Fortnite was just a few hours ago where some little kid got conned in to paying a ton of money and his mom wanted to let parents know about the dangers of Fortnite and in-game-purchases. Not long ago, I'd have been happy to pile on the hate for parents that let this happen but seeing how children are starting with tech younger and younger and developers are getting sneakier about purchases, it's nearly impossible to monitor everything they're doing and purchasing, unless the game has an adult lock on purchasing power by the kid. To make matters worse, the game has some players that are deeply addicted to the game so they'll do some crazy shit for money to play the game. Reminds me of the Farmville craze a decade ago.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Played it a little when I was recovering but I don’t like the cartoony style and having to build shit. I like the last man standing premise and shrinking map but would rather it was somehow applied to a more traditional FPS without the need to build shit.

If I wanted to build shit in a FPS format I would play Minecraft.

masta247

Staff member
Played it a little when I was recovering but I don’t like the cartoony style and having to build shit. I like the last man standing premise and shrinking map but would rather it was somehow applied to a more traditional FPS without the need to build shit.
That's exactly what PUBG is. Have you tried it?

masta247

Staff member
I have a PS4 so no.
Man, I thought it's multiplatform. Turns out that PS4 is the only platform it's not on. Weird.
Well, it's also available on Android. The graphics and the controls obviously aren't the best, but it's the same game.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.