Intermittent Fasting

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Anyone else tried Intermittent Fasting?

I'm starting. Since my accident I can't really do cardio, so I've gained some weight that I'd like to drop.

I'm also really interested in the health and longevity benefits.

Anyone have any experience?

masta247

Staff member
I did a ghetto version of that. I ate only when I was hungry and tried to hold off until I knew for sure that I actually need to eat. I know it sounds stupid, but I was never a breakfast person, yet always forced myself to have breakfast throughout the years. Eating before leaving the house always felt like I'm force feeding myself.
I went to eating my first meal at 2pm, sometimes 4pm, whenever I felt like it.
I would also stop eating whenever I started feeling satisfied, not when the portion was done. Oh, I also decided to drink whatever I felt like, instead of what was the easiest to grab, which usually led me to tea (green or black) with some honey. That was the best diet I have ever done. And extremely easy to maintain, as I really just did what I wanted. I have no idea how much I lost, but the results were great and I became very happy with my body. Then I moved in with my girlfriend who loves snacking and eating at predefined times, and it's weird to eat at different times - it would take too much of our time.
These days I just skip proper breakfast while eating lunch and then dinner together, which is at least pretty similar to what I would naturally want. It's the snacking that kills me, as it's hard to say no to nachos during a movie night, or ice cream on the beach, despite the fact I wouldn't do that if it was just up to me, as I'm not a 'snacks' person.

What stuck though is not eating past full, but it's crazy how socially unacceptable leaving leftovers is sometimes. I have hard time explaining that it is not wasted food, especially when a close one cooks, but it is food that would make me fat, that I wouldn't enjoy anymore anyway, even though I loved it.

Last edited:

k69atie

SicC's Love
I did a ghetto version of that. I ate only when I was hungry and tried to hold off until I knew for sure that I actually need to eat. I know it sounds stupid, but I was never a breakfast person, yet always forced myself to have breakfast throughout the years. Eating before leaving the house always felt like I'm force feeding myself.
I went to eating my first meal at 2pm, sometimes 4pm, whenever I felt like it.
I would also stop eating whenever I started feeling satisfied, not when the portion was done. Oh, I also decided to drink whatever I felt like, instead of what was the easiest to grab, which usually led me to tea (green or black) with some honey. That was the best diet I have ever done. And extremely easy to maintain, as I really just did what I wanted. I have no idea how much I lost, but the results were great and I became very happy with my body. Then I moved in with my girlfriend who loves snacking and eating at predefined times, and it's weird to eat at different times - it would take too much of our time.
I literally just read about this the other day.

I read it is ideal for women to fast for up to 14 hours (most of which over night) and try and eat as late as possible the next day

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Shit - hope you are OK

Looking good btw
Thanks.

I'm getting another MRI today. Accident was Christmas Eve. They rebuilt me Christmas Day. Might need more surgery now, and will need more surgery this time next year to remove some of the screws and rods.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I've always hated breakfast and rarely eaten it. So how this affects me now is skipping lunch (unless I have a lunch meeting, and Id probably skip dinner then). Basically just eat when I get home from work.

Lifestyle wise it's actually pretty easy. We'll see how it goes weight and health wise.

keco52

Staff member
I would rather do some variation of the keto diet rather than fasting. Although I’m not against fasting, I just feel better when I eat.

Are you taking any supplements to prevent muscle wasting from lack of use etc? Just curious...I’m not advocating anything.

I would rather do some variation of the keto diet rather than fasting. Although I’m not against fasting, I just feel better when I eat.

Are you taking any supplements to prevent muscle wasting from lack of use etc? Just curious...I’m not advocating anything.
I can't not eat either, i just get too tired and feel sick

What is keto diet?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Keto works really well for me but my gf won’t do it so it’s hard living together and cooking.

Paleo works really well for me as well. But I try to eat as unprocessed as possible anyway.

I really don’t have a problem eating one meal a day.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member

Nothing other than injecting testosterone would prevent muscle loss and even then it would still happen without any muscle stimulation.

No supplements actually work.

Keto works really well for me but my gf won’t do it so it’s hard living together and cooking.

Paleo works really well for me as well. But I try to eat as unprocessed as possible anyway.

I really don’t have a problem eating one meal a day.
I wish I didn't

I have such a huge appetite.. seriously I can eat more than most men I have met

keco52

Staff member
I can't not eat either, i just get too tired and feel sick

What is keto diet?
Low carb/high fat

When I do keto I do 4-6oz lean protein, half an avocado or cashews and green veggies 5-6x a day. But it’s hard for me to maintain because of my work schedule. I feel amazing when I do it though.

Low carb/high fat

When I do keto I do 4-6oz lean protein, half an avocado or cashews and green veggies 5-6x a day. But it’s hard for me to maintain because of my work schedule. I feel amazing when I do it though.
Thanks might have to look into that - trying to shred weighty for vegas

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.