Intermittent Fasting

masta247

Staff member
I really don’t have a problem eating one meal a day.
While I actually still do that on many days, I was always worried that it might slow down my metabolism and make me lower on energy. While I think I noticed that in the long run, it might have also been just aging and confirmation bias, as that's what some papers claim should happen. I stuck to it for a while during a more busy period in life, and felt fine, but actually gained weight. Might be because my 1 meal a day was plenty of garbage food though. Still, I think that long-term I feel/look better eating twice a day. I skip breakfast, eat a healthy-ish lunch and then proper dinner. If I add more small meals, I just end up consuming more calories, as eating just a yogurt or something just doesn't work for me - I'm either hungry for a proper meal or don't think about food at all.

Also, sucks about your accident and the repercussions. I don't know the details of what happened, but I hope you get well in the end.

Last edited:
While I actually still do that on many days, I was always worried that it might slow down my metabolism and make me lower on energy. While I think I noticed that in the long run, it might have also been just aging and confirmation bias, as that's what some papers claim should happen. I stuck to it for a while during a more busy period in life, and felt fine, but actually gained weight. Might be because my 1 meal a day was plenty of garbage food though. Still, I think that long-term I feel/look better eating twice a day. I skip breakfast, eat a healthy-ish lunch and then proper dinner. If I add more small meals, I just end up consuming more calories, as eating just a yogurt or something just doesn't work for me - I'm either hungry for a proper meal or don't think about food at all.

Also, sucks about your accident and the repercussions. I don't know the details of what happened, but I hope you get well in the end.
Am I the only person who has to eat at least 3 meals or feels shit?

Dunno why just can't cope without food

Was OK pre illness but since I was poorly can't do it now

masta247

Staff member

My girlfriend is the same. If she doesn't get her 3 meals, she's not a happy camper. She has to eat breakfast too, even if it's just something small. I'm just not hungry for a long time after waking up.

Personally, I tend to forget about eating food unless I haven't had any for a really long time, at which point I'm simply hungry. Consciously, when I eat once a day I'm worried about not getting enough nutrition, but feel otherwise fine, as long as it was a large meal later in the day.

My girlfriend is the same. If she doesn't get her 3 meals, she's not a happy camper. She has to eat breakfast too, even if it's just something small. I'm just not hungry for a long time after waking up.

Personally, I tend to forget about eating food unless I haven't had any for a really long time, at which point I'm simply hungry. Consciously, when I eat once a day I'm worried about not getting enough nutrition, but feel otherwise fine, as long as it was a large meal later in the day.

Same here even if I am super full I still need my 3rd meal otherwise I feel like I have been robbed

I get proper hangry if I don't eat

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I did it, though I may have abused some stimulants in the process.

Last year I dropped from about 280 down to just south of 250 in the span of 7 weeks. Yeah, you read that correctly. I had a 7 week course in the city with about a 3 mile walk, round trip, from the station to the center, and I did nothing but drink water during the day. Occasionally I'd have a meal during the day but the following meal was a minimum 12 hours later, sometimes 24 hours later.

I couldn't do more more than 18 hours consistently so it might not fit some's definition of IF, but I just remember not worrying about food as much. My gut also felt much better and after the first 4 or 5 days of doing it, it became second-nature and I would stop feeling sick.

This was almost exactly a year ago. Once my course ended I was back at home and put back about 5 pounds since. Which isn't too bad but I find that not being active and moving about often and instead sitting inside books on a desk really makes not thinking about food impossible. But for 2 months post-seminar, I was 242ish, at my lowest.

But I did realize the difference between eating to live and living to eat and being honest with myself, when I have a craving, whether I'm really hungry or just bored. I became more self-aware after that.

My dad does IF once in a while too, but he's much healthier than I am lol. He deals with healthy weight loss in his clinic so he's well-read on IF and other "healthy living" methods. He's been veg for 30 years now and he's really doubled down on fruits and veggies and kefir when he eats. But I can't live like a rabbit.

Jokerman

I usually eat 6 times a day. Three main meals and three small meals or snacks. It doesn't matter how often you eat if you're eating healthy food and get the amount of calories you need to maintain or reach your weight goals. And then get a 12-hr fast from the end of dinner to breakfast the next day. Eat within a 12-hr period and fast for 12 hrs.

I usually eat 6 times a day. Three main meals and three small meals or snacks. It doesn't matter how often you eat if you're eating healthy food and get the amount of calories you need to maintain or reach your weight goals. And then get a 12-hr fast from the end of dinner to breakfast the next day. Eat within a 12-hr period and fast for 12 hrs.
I need to try this

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I havent had any energy level problems on IF and actually have stayed really focused and awake all day.

Then yesterday I had a client breakfast and so had to eat.

Worst day ever, was falling asleep by 2pm. :(

What happened? If you dont mind my asking... Can also PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

Or just tell me to mind my own business.

I had a virus that attacked my spinal cord, lumbar puncture job to diagnose

Lost all use of my right hand side a bit like a stroke, they told me i would never walk again...

Proved them wrong after 16 weeks of intensive in house physio at a neuro hospital (4 years after virus)

Due to the amount of meds I have been on over the years it has impacted my metobolism

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I had a virus that attacked my spinal cord, lumbar puncture job to diagnose

Lost all use of my right hand side a bit like a stroke, they told me i would never walk again...

Proved them wrong after 16 weeks of intensive in house physio at a neuro hospital (4 years after virus)

Due to the amount of meds I have been on over the years it has impacted my metobolism
Damn. I am glad you're doing better.

Are you back to normal now?

Wow that is crazy. Will it get even better with time?

Glad to hear you’re “okay” though.
They don't think so, but as it was a rare virus they don't really know a great deal about it

That is why I was sterilised as it was really dangerous for me to get pregnant

_carmi

me, myself & us

I need MINIMUM 3 meals a day. If they are too far apart become quite hangry.

My inlaws are into Keto and are raving about it. I can’t do it though. Quit ice cream in summer? Nope

But we do cook at home and try to make our own dressings, sauces, etc. And cut down processed foods.

k69atie

SicC's Love
I need MINIMUM 3 meals a day. If they are too far apart become quite hangry.

My inlaws are into Keto and are raving about it. I can’t do it though. Quit ice cream in summer? Nope

But we do cook at home and try to make our own dressings, sauces, etc. And cut down processed foods.
OMG I get sooo hangry

Same here me too

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.