Motivation - What keeps you going?

Glockmatic

So, what keeps you guys motivated to go to the gym?

For me, I was the fat guy. I've known many girls, but they all seemed to turn me down. My personality pulled them in, my jowls drove them away. This has motivated me. I call it the "Fuck-You" factor (FYF for short).

What is the FYF? It's an end goal for me. Just saying "I want to be fit" isn't enough for me to go to the gym every day. FYF means that I want to get to a level of fitness where if I could go back in time and see these girls again, I can say "Fuck you, LOOK AT HOW MUCH I CAN SQUAT NOW!".

When it's written down like this it sounds god damn terrible, but it motivates me. It gets my ass out to the gym or ride my bike for two hours every day. It gets me pumped up with every single lift. It says to me "Don't feel like going to the gym today because it's raining? What's your excuse going to be tomorrow?"

This doesn't work for everyone, some of you may have motives that may confuse people. But the most important thing about motivation is that it comes from within, it's a deep burning flame that can only be stoked by you and you alone.

Fuck the haters, I'm lifting to get the pussy, improving my health is a bonus.

Da_Funk

I don't go to the gym anymore. I've always found lifting boring and unrewarding. But I love love love playing sport. And I guess what motivates me is a few things. First and foremost is the competition. Pitting myself (team) against another and going to head to head to see who is better has to be among my favourite things about life. And the second thing is winning. I know the common trend these days is about fair play and having fun, but fuck those people. Winning is and always will be the only thing that counts.

Nowadays most of my exercise comes from rec sports, running, and yoga.

ARon

If you like winning so much why don't you work out to better your chances at winning? Make your workouts a competition within yourself so you enjoy it

Da_Funk

If you like winning so much why don't you work out to better your chances at winning? Make your workouts a competition within yourself so you enjoy it
I did work out when I played hockey. I suppose it's all about state of mind. When I play a sport I get into this zone where nothing outside of the game exists to me; all there is, is the game. Whereas whenever I lift weights my mind wanders, what I'm doing later, about x girl, the project I'm working on at work, ya know? I've never been able to find that zone.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.