Oct 24 - Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

yak pac fatal

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.

The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

The goal is to remove bureaucratic roadblocks and make it easier for sick people to seek treatment and medical providers to provide it immediately. That could mean fewer hurdles involving Medicare, Medicaid or health privacy regulations.

"As a nation, we have prepared at all levels of government, and as individuals and communities, taking unprecedented steps to counter the emerging pandemic," Obama wrote in the declaration, which the White House announced Saturday.

He said the pandemic keeps evolving, the rates of illness are rising rapidly in many areas and there's a potential "to overburden health care resources."

Because of vaccine production delays, the government has backed off initial, optimistic estimates that as many as 120 million doses would be available by mid-October. As of Wednesday, only 11 million doses had been shipped to health departments, doctor's offices and other providers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said.

The government now hopes to have about 50 million doses of swine flu vaccine out by mid-November and 150 million in December.

The flu virus has to be grown in chicken eggs, and the yield hasn't been as high as was initially hoped, officials explained.

Swine flu is more widespread now than it's ever been. Health authorities say almost 100 children have died from the flu, known as H1N1, and 46 states now have widespread flu activity.

Worldwide, more than 5,000 people have reportedly died from swine flu since it emerged this year and developed into a global epidemic, the World Health Organization said Friday. Since most countries have stopped counting individual swine flu cases, the figure is considered an underestimate

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency - Yahoo! News

does that mean martial law can be put into effect any time?

tupac4li4e

There was a statistic that showed people slip in baths to thier death is higher than people who get infected with swineflu.....not that stats are really all that accurate, but the point being even deaths form normal flu are higher than swine.

This declaration, does not surprise me one little bit, unfortunately.

FEAR, SUBMISSION, CONTROL, POWER.

That's the agenda. Most are following along with it blindy as well.

Duke

Staff member
I hate the way they report "more than 5000 people have died from swine flu". As if it would actually kill you. All confirmed deaths so far weren't directly due to swine flu. All those people were very sick already, swine flu just accelerated the process, as would normal flu have done.

tupac4li4e

I hate the way they report "more than 5000 people have died from swine flu". As if it would actually kill you. All confirmed deaths so far weren't directly due to swine flu. All those people were very sick already, swine flu just accelerated the process, as would normal flu have done.
WTF, we actually agree on something.

Well I never woulda thought!

Duke

Staff member
NOTE:

Any off-topic commenting and beefing I will delete faster than you can say "wtf where did my post go".

NOTE:

Any off-topic commenting and beefing I will delete faster than you can say "wtf where did my post go".
*is confused*

Any off topic commenting ? Where did this come from, it's not even your thread ? I hope you are not going to expect us to obey that, when you do it yourself?

I would have thought that perhaps the person that started the thread should ask a Mod for that kind of action if he/she feels necessary ?

Duke

Staff member
*is confused*

Any off topic commenting ? Where did this come from, it's not even your thread ? I hope you are not going to expect us to obey that, when you do it yourself?
I've left one comment which is 100% on-topic. I don't derail debate threads which are still active.

I would have thought that perhaps the person that started the thread should ask a Mod for that kind of action if he/she feels necessary ?
That'd be me and the OP doesn't need to complain to make anything happen.

I'm just saying, keep the petty bickering out of WoW. This goes for everyone. You disagree, you fight the arguments, not the poster.

I've left one comment which is 100% on-topic. I don't derail debate threads which are still active.

That'd be me and the OP doesn't need to complain to make anything happen.

I'm just saying, keep the petty bickering out of WoW. This goes for everyone. You disagree, you fight the arguments, not the poster.
So, basically don't make it personal ? Sure, I agree with that.

Glockmatic

The flu never directly kills people, but it weakens the body enough that infections can kill. There was a boy in Ontario that died 24 hours after being diagnosed with H1N1. He was a hockey player and lived a healthy life with no medical issues. Pneumonia set in so quickly he died before the parents could take him to a hospital. That's the difference between the normal flu and H1N1, this flu can kill people who have no health conditions at all.

Young hit harder as H1N1 toll climbs, including two new Vancouver Island deaths

"What is different here is the age profile of the cases who are affected and dying -- they are considerably younger than what you would expect from a seasonal flu,"

Im going to put this out there.

Does anyone think it's possible for the Government/pahrmaceuticals to create the H1N1, in order to give us these vaccines.

No BS here, just a yes or no would suffice, is it possible the H1N1 was released intentionally ?

I'm gonna have a hankering to start a new thread if nobody answers me, so you's better !

:D

Possible? Of course.

Likely? That's a different matter.
Indeed, I just want to know who thinks it's even possible, or whether people are just totally closed to the possibility.

So Duke, you don't think it's likely it was released on purpose?

Even after hearing things like the national emergency, jail threats and that the US wants 160 million vaccinated by December or somthing like that ?

I think it could be likely, due to the money that would be being made from these vaccines.

Problem, reaction, solution. The same shit that has been going on for years, could be going on right now with H1N1. Could be would be blah blah blah, I know.

It's a thought though.

Kadafi Son

Definately possible and definately likely. No one can prove me otherwise. The devilz runnin this thang want to kills us, not genuinely make a cure because they care about our lives. How do you put a price on a cure, especially when the so-called cure is relatively new. C'mon, in a western world where our dieting norm is basically diabetes in a bowl, our health is not a concern to them. Its a commodity. Thats what I believe.

Duke

Staff member
Definately possible and definately likely. No one can prove me otherwise. The devilz runnin this thang want to kills us, not genuinely make a cure because they care about our lives. How do you put a price on a cure, especially when the so-called cure is relatively new. C'mon, in a western world where our dieting norm is basically diabetes in a bowl, our health is not a concern to them. Its a commodity. Thats what I believe.

False logic. You can't disprove that the moon wasn't made by leprechauns either.

Theories are all good and well, but you need to base your assumptions off something. "The devilz is running this thang" isn't really going to hold up to scrutiny.

I will tell you what I believe about this. Could swine flu be engineered? Of course.
Do I think it is engineered so companies can make money off the vaccin? No. Mostly because this would again involve a rather vast conspiracy and you know how I feel about theories based on nothing.

However, do I think that drug companies are abusing this swine flu scare to make money? Of course. They see a money making opportunity, they jump into it.

In the same way I think that the Bush administration abused 9/11 for their geo-strategical agenda. In a way it suited them, and in a way they benefited.

But to say, in both cases, that the benefitting parties orchestrated the situations, that's a leap of faith I'm not willing to make.

Kadafi Son

^
It was theory and conspiracy that black people were getting injected with syphillis for 40yearz. It was theory that poor people in east asia were manufacturing our american productz for no pay back in the day. Its a theory to people when they here that toxins are allowed to be in our drinking water and food. Thats some devil shit. Stop basing what ever is going on in the world off of emotion, cuz its irrelevant.

Edit:theories arent always based on nothing/thin air. the people who come with them gotta see somethin'. So its not necessary to call it false logic then

Da_Funk

^You are so fucking stupid.

I don't know how some of you idiots get to be 20 and still have the capacity to believe swine flu was engineered. Like honestly, I heard unicorns exist too.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.