Official NBA Thread

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I just don't see how Cavs can come back man. 2 down at this stage, tired, that's tough. I mean if anyone can do it they've proven that they can, but damn.

Jokerman

Seems like the Celtics have been studying Golden State. Except for Lebron, the Cavs are making little effort. It's like they're tired of playing with each other and just want the season to end. Bron needs to let go of JR Smith. JR's not worth it for the few 3-pointers he gets. His basketball IQ is imbecile.

ARon

Celtics without Kyrie beating the Cavs will be the craziest/funniest thing to come out of this season. We can't count the Cavs out yet but they look lost. Lue is outclassed and I don't think Bron can carry them through another series. Their bench and role players play bad against the Pacers, they show up against Toronto, and now they're MIA again. I don't understand that team. I feel sorry for how much shit they get though, it's hard to be ready always when you're not in a rhythm watching Bron hold the ball.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
why philly? i'd rather see him finish his career with the cavs.
Selfish reasons. I know Ben’s family. I know his sister very very well. We’ve been through a lot. Want him and Philly to do as well as they can. And think Lebron can teach them a lot. Plus they already have a connection through Ben’s management.

yak pac fatal

Selfish reasons. I know Ben’s family. I know his sister very very well. We’ve been through a lot. Want him and Philly to do as well as they can. And think Lebron can teach them a lot. Plus they already have a connection through Ben’s management.
i think it's better if simmons and sixers pave their own way to success. lebron will take away from simmons game. soon as simmons learns to shoot, it's over.

ARon

I can't see LBJ and Simmons coexisting on the same team. LBJ needs the ball in his hands to be effective and it's not like Simmons is a good spot up shooter. Philly prob has the best young core in the league. Keep JJ for a couple more seasons and build around that and they'll find success

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I can't see LBJ and Simmons coexisting on the same team. LBJ needs the ball in his hands to be effective and it's not like Simmons is a good spot up shooter. Philly prob has the best young core in the league. Keep JJ for a couple more seasons and build around that and they'll find success
I dont think Lebron actually wants that. Look at Cavs 2.0, the plan was for Kyrie to run the ball. It just didnt work out that way. And Cavs now just suck so Lebron has to pick up the slack. I think he wants to sit back a little and let someone else carry some of that weight and extend his career out.

I dont see any other team where he can do that atm and still compete. Plus Ben idolizes Lebron, I don't think the egos there would clash. I know Ben, I know for a fact they wouldnt clash from his side at least.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
"lebron wants to play off the ball"

saying it and doing it are two different things.....

if he really wants to play off the ball, he can go to okc.
I don’t think he would do OKC because Westbrook could overshadow him. No one in Philly can really over shadow Lebron even if he plays off the ball. He will always be seen as the leader because they are so young.

yak pac fatal

lebron isn't known for sacrificing his game. wade and bosh had to sacrifice from their game. kyrie and love had to sacrifice from their game. lebron wants to do it all for 3 quarters then have somebody close the game for him.

ARon

I dont think Lebron actually wants that. Look at Cavs 2.0, the plan was for Kyrie to run the ball. It just didnt work out that way. And Cavs now just suck so Lebron has to pick up the slack. I think he wants to sit back a little and let someone else carry some of that weight and extend his career out.

I dont see any other team where he can do that atm and still compete. Plus Ben idolizes Lebron, I don't think the egos there would clash. I know Ben, I know for a fact they wouldnt clash from his side at least.
Kyrie is a good example to bring up. While they had obvious success he felt he wasn't able to contribute like he wanted because of LBJ so he left. Now I don't think Ben would act like that at all, he seems very humble and wants to learn, but at the same time how much progression can he get with LBJ out there. LBJ might want to sit back a little but I don't think that's for another 2 or 3 years at least. To be honest I don't know where he goes, but no team seems like a perfect fit. If he does go somewhere else I feel like it's gonna be another LBJ GM deal where certain players go and other role players are brought in to fit his needs. That's just what he does, I don't see how it would change.

Prophesying me thinks GState is gonna beat Houston then go on to sweep the Celtics in the Finals and then the fucking scenes when LBJ goes to Houston.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Kyrie is a good example to bring up. While they had obvious success he felt he wasn't able to contribute like he wanted because of LBJ so he left. Now I don't think Ben would act like that at all, he seems very humble and wants to learn, but at the same time how much progression can he get with LBJ out there. LBJ might want to sit back a little but I don't think that's for another 2 or 3 years at least. To be honest I don't know where he goes, but no team seems like a perfect fit. If he does go somewhere else I feel like it's gonna be another LBJ GM deal where certain players go and other role players are brought in to fit his needs. That's just what he does, I don't see how it would change.

Prophesying me thinks GState is gonna beat Houston then go on to sweep the Celtics in the Finals and then the fucking scenes when LBJ goes to Houston.
I just dont see Lebron ever go to a team where he has another MVP candidate on the team. He has played with great players, but never any real current MVP contenders, and the only two MVPs right now are Harden and potentially Westbrook if they play better.

ARon

Don't you think Ben Simmons is that type of player though? He's basically LeBron lite at the moment. What role would he play with LeBron on the floor, what role would LeBron play? Neither are good enough to be spot up shooters, they can each take plays off or something and let the other be the floor general on that particular play but that's going to hinder them on offense a bit. I'm not convinced it would work. I'm just talking when it comes to Houston, imagine the ISO ball they'd play with LeBron on their team, yikes

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Don't you think Ben Simmons is that type of player though? He's basically LeBron lite at the moment. What role would he play with LeBron on the floor, what role would LeBron play? Neither are good enough to be spot up shooters, they can each take plays off or something and let the other be the floor general on that particular play but that's going to hinder them on offense a bit. I'm not convinced it would work. I'm just talking when it comes to Houston, imagine the ISO ball they'd play with LeBron on their team, yikes
Ben is that in the future but not right now. Lebron can take credit for molding him. The other two just had MVP worthy seasons.

Jokerman

Not surprised Kevin Love managed to get injured again at the right time to take the pressure off his weak self. Meanwhile Lebron gets kicked in the face and hit with a metal bat in every game and stays in 48 mins.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.