Technology Problems gaming online with PS3

THEV1LL4N

Okay, i have sky broadband and have configured my settings on ps3 to recognise my routers. i have scanned and saved the settings for automatic detection (i.e. entering and saving the WEP keys etc).

the problem is that i cannot play FIFA 10 online.

i have done the following:

made my local accounts,
configured router settings on ps3 system,
done latest firmware update to v3.10,
signed up for my playstation network accounts.

my brother is complaining every day and im not sure how to go about it.

it is supposed to do an update via the ps3 but it always gets stuck on around 2% and then fails.

any suggestions?

DarkPhantom13

Staff member
Well if your ps3's firmware is not up to date then it will not let you play online. Your best bet is to go to the PS3 website and manually download the update. Then transfer it to your ps3 thru a burned disc or memory card or something and update it manually.

THEV1LL4N

ive already updated the firmware to the latest version via USB.

i get an error message that comes up saying something like it cannot connect to the server and then in backets a error code something like (807174572)

THEV1LL4N

oh no, that was just an example.

i did google the number. it was 80710760 if i remember correct.

quite a few people have had similar problems.

the good news is that i managed to get the update done by using the ethernet cable.

the bad news is i had to take ps3 and all its wires downstairs after disconnecting everything from upstairs. also had to use my pc ethernet cable as i cannot find my spare cables. then i had to hook it all up downstairs just to get it wired and do the update.

this means i cant do wireless updates for some reason... it would be a lot easier.

THEV1LL4N

Go on settings -- network settings -- then disable network media connection and everything will work fine.
thanks. i'd already disabled network media connection but the problem still persisted.

i think it might be something to do with port forwarding the tcp/ip ports on my routers.

Casey

Staff member
Sky Broadband sucks. My aunt has it, and wireless connections just drop randomly, all the time, on any device using it.

Virgin Media is WAY better.

S. Fourteen

through your attic like i have :)

its not too bad though. beats buying the wireless adapter imo

Yeah that's cool, I'm not trying to be like the "get a 360! problem solved" and "red ring of death lololo" people (yes, I ooze hypocrisy) it's not solving anything and anyone who thank posts like that are complete idiots. I've owned and played both. I think the PS3 is superior in many ways especially WiFi connection (at least for me) but I love the 360 controller - I miss it dearly.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.