Games PS4

Casey

Staff member
Which of you bastards has one. I just got one. I like it. Drop me your usernames and shit.

THEV1LL4N

The Crash Bandicoot games are going to be remastered for PS4.
Tekken 7 is due out in 2017.

I'm waiting for the new version of Fight Night and Tekken x Street Fighter.

I feel as though games need more modes and longer stories... Mortal Kombat X was great but because the story mode was so good and engaging it felt like it finished really quickly.

masta247

Staff member
Thoughts on the Shenmue I & II remasters on the PS4?
They are as amazing as ever. The remasters are technically great and all significant issues were ironed out with the patches. They're still games released in 1999 and 2001 respectively, with textures/graphics from that era - it's more of a modern port than a remaster, since the games actually do feel just like they did on the Dreamcast back then - almost nothing was changed, and all updates are very subtle. The plus side of this is that you can actually experience the games the same way people did when they first came out. Except the graphics and the open world were actually considered to be mind-blowing at that time. There was nothing like it at the time.

They are amazing games though. It's more of an experience, really. Shenmue 1 is more of an epic adventure game. Shenmue 2 has more action mixed with epic adventure.

Last edited:

THEV1LL4N

Already did before I read your reply lol. I had them downloaded for Dreamcast and was planning to emulate them on my PC and configure my PS3 controller from the settings (or even burn them to CD and then find my dreamcast and try to play them from there). But I purchased the remasters for £15.99 in the end.

I purchased Shenmue I & II and Sonic Mania Plus (standard plus Encore DLC) all from the PS Store for £28 which is pretty good when you consider that the PS Store is generally more expensive for games when compared with the RRP for physical versions.

THEV1LL4N

Did anyone play the Crash and Sypro remasters? Do you think it would be a good purchase at £20 each or should I just play the originals?

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
I had the crash remaster. It was fun for a little but like most nostalgia grabs it wore off pretty quick. In 2019 we've got so many better games to play. Even though these were great games they just can't match what else I can play.

THEV1LL4N

Thanks.

I'm not really into all these new games like COD, Minecraft, PUBG and Fortnite. I can't even tell you what PUBG and Fortnite are about. Buy my guess is that PUBG is some sort of FPS or open world multiplayer game.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
100 person deathmatch basically. I don't think it's that great. Fortnite is the same deal. I was just playing RDR2 and it is such an amazing game. So much love and detail has been put into it. I stumbled on a little random event that was so minor but really made my day.

masta247

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not getting the Fortnite hype. Then again, when I was a kid we used to play all sorts of stupid games as well just because everyone did and that aspect of it was fun. I guess it's sort of like that with Fortnite - the CounterStrike of the new generation.

Generally, I don't play much shooters and I don't enjoy online games. I get whatever really feels special - usually large, open world games that have a lot of stuff going on whenever they come out. I feel like only these are really pushing the envelope these days, with shooters, racing and sports games being mostly recycled same stuff. Occasionally there's a good indie game out there, I sometimes get those on Steam.

I got Shenmue, Yakuzas, before that I think the last major game I bought was the Witcher 3, or maybe Mass Effect Andromeda if that one came later. Was looking forward to a new Fallout game, but the new online Fallout turned out to be the first one in the series that I'm not getting. It's not really a Fallout game apart from being set in that universe and again, I don't like online games.

Last edited:

THEV1LL4N

When I was younger I used to say there should be a wildlife survival game where players select their animal and have to outsmart and hunt each other down or survive hunting attacks. Imagine being a lion and having to hunt down your prey. You'd have to be very tactical and stealthy, while fending off packs of hyenas and rival prides. Then things like hunger, low energy levels and territory could be factors affecting the difficulty.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.