Sup fatties

THEV1LL4N

Good luck.

I think building it up gradually to 5k will do you some good, then sustain the training to 5k and you'll get used to that distance. On some occasions you may want to do 7k so that doing 5k will be easier for you. But try to keep it optimum as you don't want to tire yourself down.

I'm sure you know what you're doing anyway.

And remember, carbs are your body's primary source of energy... so don't deplete yourself in that area otherwise you'll feel fatigued.

THEV1LL4N

I'd like to do a race for charity some day.

This past week, I walked to different places and did about 18 miles or so. I'm guessing I've walked 20 miles all week since last Thursday, and maybe up to 25 miles since last Tuesday (not due to training).

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Not taking anything away from anyone. But... 5K is a piece of piss. It's easy. I am not a fit person and haven't worked up to it. I run a 5k, once a week. As I could do without losing weight. And I run it at 8mph the whole way. That isn't a hugely fast pace. But it's sub 25 minutes.

Compare that time to Mo Farrah's sub 13 minute time. That is about 15 mph the whole way.

The way to build up, if you need to, is to run a couple of km. Walk for 500m. Then run for another km. Then walk for 500m. Repeat until you hit 5k. Then increase the running times and decrease the walking times. If you can't run 5k after 8 sessions. Then you were not built for running. Everyone should be able to do it, even if you only run at 5 mph.

THEV1LL4N

Not taking anything away from anyone. But... 5K is a piece of piss. It's easy. I am not a fit person and haven't worked up to it. I run a 5k, once a week. As I could do without losing weight. And I run it at 8mph the whole way. That isn't a hugely fast pace. But it's sub 25 minutes.

Compare that time to Mo Farrah's sub 13 minute time. That is about 15 mph the whole way.

The way to build up, if you need to, is to run a couple of km. Walk for 500m. Then run for another km. Then walk for 500m. Repeat until you hit 5k. Then increase the running times and decrease the walking times. If you can't run 5k after 8 sessions. Then you were not built for running. Everyone should be able to do it, even if you only run at 5 mph.

Good old Fartlek training methods deriving from Sweden.

THEV1LL4N

What do you think of them? Do you find that they help you with anything? Do you notice any difference?

Also... How much of them do you consume and how do you have them?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.