The "Funny" Pictures Thread

Da_Funk

The Wire was a great show. But.... Can't be the best show ever just for the fact Season 2 was so forgettable.
I don't agree. I thought season 2 was mediocre compared to, and only when compared to the other four seasons but the second time I watched through the series I felt that it was just as memorable and important to the story they told as all the others.

Yeah I'm a fanboy and shit.

Kobe

Lots of people hate season 2 but I liked it a lot. This paragraph explains why:

The Wire has been described as an examination of how the failure, amorality, and corruption within institutions eventually destroy the essentially decent individuals involved with them; within the series Frank Sobotka has come to be the classic epitome of such an individual.
Despite everything going on around the docks, I think Sobotka was a good guy outside all that drama. Besides the container conflict, he literally died caught up in another conflict trying to save his son. The fade out as he walked towards The Greek and his crew, you just knew what was coming next. That scene to me is what Season 2 was about. Forget epic story lines that make a great story. The theme to me was just brilliant.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.