Technology VCD/SVCD Help

I, uh, downloaded a movie (TMD's Sin City theatre cam), and I need help burning my first ever vcd (or video dvd). I tried doing shit in Nero with no luck.

I tried looking on doom9.org, but everything I see there confuses the hell out of me :-\

if it's a .avi..good luck trying to make it a vcd/svcd..nero can't make vcds/svcds from .avi..(although it claims it can)..but it can handle mpegs fine..let me find a link for ya that will help..hold on

There are certain programs that burn VCD's (I did think you can use Nero for this, I guess not...). Basically, it's like a DVD, but on a CD with low quality. I've burned a couple and watched them on my computer, it's nothing complicated at all.

you need to re-encode the avi into an mpeg. theres alot of diff programs to do it. but its gonna take a hella long time to do buddy,so best of luck.

download virtual dub. under the video menu (on the top) go down to where it has direct stream copy selected instead of full processing mode. next goto the audio menu (on top) and click on full prcessing mode instead of direct stream copy. goto audio again and click on compression. choose uncompressed. go back to the audio again click on conversion and then set the first box to 44100 Hz and also click high quality. under precision click 16 bit. and under channels click stereo then click ok. after that goto file save as avi and then name it XXX.avi (XXX=whatever u want to call it). then u should be able to use nero to burn it to a vcd if it still wont get back to me and ill try to explain some other ways of going about it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.