Wassup Intro Time

I'm in the USA and seriously I've been listening to Tupac since about 1992, beyond that I really listen to everything, from classical, to jazz, gospel, christian music, old 50s/60s rock n roll which got a ton of influence from blue grass and jazz, also a bit of gospel. Years ago I studied jazz in college for about a year or so .

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I'm in the USA and seriously I've been listening to Tupac since about 1992, beyond that I really listen to everything, from classical, to jazz, gospel, christian music, old 50s/60s rock n roll which got a ton of influence from blue grass and jazz, also a bit of gospel. Years ago I studied jazz in college for about a year or so .
Ahh sorry. Thought you were 22.

I actually really love jazz. Wish I knew more though. Maybe you could start a thread and teach us a little?

Ahh sorry. Thought you were 22.

I actually really love jazz. Wish I knew more though. Maybe you could start a thread and teach us a little?
From looking around I see we do have a few people here who do music production, maybe something not too complicated explaining blue notes (basically flats or half steps from the previous note played) maybe something on syncopy, maybe even like a bit of music to show each thing I mention. And of course we have to talk about improvisation. Do you know that Bach was one of the first musical composer to use improvisation back then it was pretty new, but it is a major part of jazz, hence why a performance can sound and feel a bit different from night to night. I will try to put something together, I will be honest I am not in front of my everyday machine. Even if I get it started and finish it down the road it'd still be something people can learn from.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
From looking around I see we do have a few people here who do music production, maybe something not too complicated explaining blue notes (basically flats or half steps from the previous note played) maybe something on syncopy, maybe even like a bit of music to show each thing I mention. And of course we have to talk about improvisation. Do you know that Bach was one of the first musical composer to use improvisation back then it was pretty new, but it is a major part of jazz, hence why a performance can sound and feel a bit different from night to night. I will try to put something together, I will be honest I am not in front of my everyday machine. Even if I get it started and finish it down the road it'd still be something people can learn from.
I’d love that man. I have a music production degree. But can’t read sheet music well lol.

haha you know a lot of jazz or music really is just having a good ear, that was like something which was really important. I did that class mainly because I had to knock a few electives out, but you know I enjoyed that class.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.