Forum game: Post a dope beat

masta247

Staff member
Let's see if Streethop can still play forum games, especially with so few people participating in this area. So let's try with what people love the most - songs with dope beats.

Rules:
- 1 song per post
- You can't post again until someone else does
- Only songs with dope beats (Instrumentals are also acceptable, but frowned upon)
- If you want to post anything in this thread, even if it's just a comment regarding another person's post, you have to also contribute a song with a dope beat.

I'll start it off:

Last edited:

masta247

Staff member
live squad in this muthafucka right here

hip hop beats only?
Since we're trying to make the hip-hop forum more alive, I think it's better if we stick to hip-hop, unless it's somehow related.

Also, it only hit me that the Live Squad used to work with Nas.

Not really my thing but damn this is catchy
That was unexpected. I actually like how they used the sample!

I discovered this one just a year or two ago, and was amazed to find out that Blaq Poet's discography is like a hidden goldmine of great DJ Premier beats:

masta247

Staff member

peep this. i actually had a 2pac remix of life goes on that has the same sample (sting - shape of my heart)
That's probably my favorite Nas instrumental, and one of my favorite Nas songs. It was the first one that got me into Nas, then the NY State of mind. Especially part two, since I'm a sucker for neat piano on hip-hop songs.

Speaking of piano, I find this one to be amazing. The progression is insanely good:

Last edited:

yak pac fatal

That's probably my favorite Nas instrumental, and one of my favorite Nas songs. It was the first one that got me into Nas, then the NY State of mind. Especially part two, since I'm a sucker for neat piano on hip-hop songs.

Speaking of piano, I find this one to be amazing. The progression is insanely good:
that's a dope song, digging the vibe. thanks for posting lesser known artists because I love hearing new music.

masta247

Staff member
This one packs a punch:

I think all the stuff with Solar really tarnished his legacy.

I still listen to a lot of German hiphop. I love this style of production.

Despite not understanding a word I used to like German hip-hop. DJ Tomekk (technically Polish, but part of the German rap scene) had some great beats too. Then something happened and most of the new stuff is Turkish-German, which just sounds weird and unpleasant to me.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Despite not understanding a word I used to like German hip-hop. DJ Tomekk (technically Polish, but part of the German rap scene) had some great beats too. Then something happened and most of the new stuff is Turkish-German, which just sounds weird and unpleasant to me.
Sentino, who was featured on the track I posted, is actually Polish and does tracks in both Polish and German.

This is really dope, actually off Malik Montana's album, which is worth checking out. This is gets heavy rotation in my pregame playlist.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.