Forum game: Post a dope beat

Preach

Really missing Cilvaringz' production. The 1-copy Wu-tang album sold to the pharma scumbag single-handedly ended his career, even though rings ended up donating most of that money back to charity, despite having worked for it for six years. If you check him on Spotify, you'll see his top songs have hundreds of plays at best (probably half of them by me).
I remember downloading loads of Cilvaringz (and Wu-Tang Affiliated) shit at some point in time. elaborate?

Edit: oh right, I stumbled over an article about it. I forgot about that. Did that album ever leak?

Edit 2: I stumbled over this:
https://www.complex.com/music/wu-tang-clan-once-upon-a-time-shaolin-explained/

Check the last paragraph. Maybe we finally get to hear it. I gotta admit, I got a flashback of long lost hype. I had forgotten all about this for a minute.

Edit 3: I also have to admit, I'm on a little quest now to try and get that album. I've been listening to that Souls for Sale for a good fifteen minutes now. I managed to find a YT account that had an email attatched so I tried hollering there. I've also signed up over on the Wu forums and awaiting activation, gonna ask around there how I could possibly get my hands on it. I even got a usenet subscription to see if I could find the album on usenet. No luck so far. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

masta247

Staff member
Here you go, Masta.

Cilvaringz - The All Star Collection Box: 10th Year Anniversary
https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/FV2yKzoO/file.html
Holy fuck man! You're the best. Not gonna lie, I'm glad you got hooked on that song as much as I did, and you did more detective work than I would've never imagined this could start! Thank you!
I indeed had a YT rip sitting on my desktop.. and on my phone, and I've been coming back to it every now and then. Amazing to have it in CD quality. Listening to it on repeat again right now.

The extra bits about Bronze Nazareth getting production credits were interesting to me (scan of the back cover). Afaik the "coming next" project between him and Bronze never happened - a quick google says Cilvaringz completed his half, but Bronze never completed his. They are my two favorite Wu-tang-affiliate producers (although I'd include Mathematics for good measure) so seeing an album produced by both would be great to see. Soon after Cilvaringz ended up dropping "I" and Bronze dropped "Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture" and "The Great Migration", which were all excellent. Then Cilvaringz started working on that infamous Wu-tang album we're yet to (fingers crossed) hear as his last project. There was some new information to me in the article that you linked, like how much effort went into the design of the case, and that the new owner intends to reveal themselves. Again, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Producer Sylvia Massy Demonstrates Snare In Nuclear Cooling Tower
Gerhard Fankhauser - Overtone singing in the great Pyramid of Giza
Clear Quartz Crystal Pyramid Sounds For Meditation

masta247

Staff member
Just discovered this gem. Can't go wrong with (an underutilized) Bootsy Collins sample, and a surprisingly good Nate Dogg hook I have no idea how I missed:

Ok, I know how - it has 14 likes on the official Youtube channel. This is a find, NOT a remix.

Last edited:

Preach

Just discovered this gem. Can't go wrong with (an underutilized) Bootsy Collins sample, and a surprisingly good Nate Dogg hook I have no idea how I missed:

Ok, I know how - it has 14 likes on the official Youtube channel. This is a find, NOT a remix.
Video unavailable

Bobby Sands

Why would a nate dogg hook be surprisingly good?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.