Official NFL Thread (09)

Shadows

To avoid so much threads, like the NBA thread did, this is a good thread to start out the 09 season.

I'll start posting in here as soon as questions arise or games start. :)

Shadows

I thought Haynes Ward won the game until he fumbled it at the 5 yard freaking line!

If Palamalu is injured for the season, this team just fell off. Ben got sacked 4 freaking times. OUCH. O-Line got tore a new ass.

SO far, I picked perfectly.

Here go the rest of my picks:

Atlanta (Michael Turner is going to run all over them)

Baltimore (The defense rocks)

Philadelphia (I still feel like Carolina will win as the upset.)

Cincinatti (Denver sucks. No offense Snowman, but Cutler was your guys only hope.)

Minnesota (Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson? good luck)

NY Jets (Mark Sanchez looks promising imo)

Indiana Colts (Peyton Manning is always on fire. Up until the playoffs of course.)

New Orleans (Drew Brees will throw for like 500 yards on the opposing shitty pass defense).

Dallas (Tony homo doesn't have to worry about Jessica Simpson no more! Is that good news DP13?)

Arizona (Umm...Larry Fitz feena rock that secondary!)

NY Giants (They got an over-rated QB in manning, but their lines and run game are awesome!)

Seattle (Matt Hassleback is....back. ;) )

Green Bay (I think this young team will keep on improving!)

New England (Brady back, and they rested their starters the last pre-season game. Good luck opposing team!)

San Diego (This is laughable. Chargers, vs Raiders? Their best player Asomaguh is injured. Their only hope was Richard Seymour through the patriots trade, but he didn't even show up to join the raitards!)

yak pac fatal

i dont follow football thats much but i want jets to win. sanchez looks like he got a lot of potential. i will check out how farve and vick does. seasons lookin interesting.

roaches

you also said michael turner would run all over em and you felt carolina would win the upset, lol.

anyhoo:

carolina @ atlanta: carolina's gonna go to the ground

minn @ detroit: i have AP on one of my fantasy teams. favre will definitely be more involved than he was last week.

cincinnati @ gb: c'mon

houston @ tenn: houston will put up enough yardage to make
titans fans upset but it probably won't be enough

oakland @ kc: i caught most of bal/kc and though the chiefs looked pretty good.

NE/NYJ: brady's shaken the rust off. this will be entertaining because the pats' defense is sorry.

no at phi: mcnabb, ugh. this will be a great game or a grind.

stl at was: two awful offenses and one lazy defense. i'm a skins fan and i'm going to try avoid watching this.

cards at jax: this will also be a shitty game

tb at buffalo: so will this

pittsburgh at chicago: cutler and forte will bounce back from last week. they'd fucking better, anyway. i'd say the steelers were a lock to win if it was at heinz.

baltimore at san diego: the game of the week!

cleveland at denver: this game will suck

nyg at dallas: no one wins when two overblown entitled squads go to war. i hope a plane crashes into jerry jones's new temple. fuck him. if dallas wins, expect tony romo to suck his own dick until he chokes on it towards the end of the season like dallas always does. fuck em. on the flipside, i hope demarcus ware kills eli.

colts at miami: who gives a shit. does anyone think either of these squads are a threat to do anything this year?

Shadows

I did say Carolina might win the upset, but I picked Phili. ;)

carolina @ atlanta: Atlanta...I think the offense will explode early since they are @ home, and Delhomme will have 3 turnovers. At least. Why do they start him again?

minn @ detroit: Mike Bell ran for 140 yds. Imagine what AP is going to do? I say, 320 if it's a close game, but that isn't gonna happen.
320 yds split by AP and the other HB's. MINN.

cincinnati @ gb: "c'mon"

houston @ tenn: I think Houston gets shut out, like they did against the Jets.

oakland @ kc: With Oakland really healthy and suffering a heart breaking loss, I think they go to KC and run them over. KC played an injured BAL team.

NE/NYJ: Brady came back to form on 4th quarter, but their D sucks, giving away Seymour and having Mayo injured will allow Jets to win it. NYJ will be stunting and do enough to allow Mark Sanchez to feel comfortable to another win.

no at phi: Kolb will prob start for the Phili. With Drew Brees on fire (yes, I know it was the lions) I think NO wins this one. Up until the playoffs at least...

stl at was: Haynesworth is gonna eat like 5 Rams. WASH.

cards at jax: Anquin and Fitz gonna have a big day. Jax has who as secondary??

tb at buffalo: TB has no QB, and Buffalo gave Pats a tough time. BUFFALO

pittsburgh at chicago: I'm sorry, but I just think Cutler is a fucking loser. I say he chokes this one. Even with Palomalu out.

baltimore at san diego: With LT injured and 2 starting O-line, I was going to give this game away, but...Baltimore has like 3 stars injured on D. Ed Reed...and their other big stars. SD plays better @ home. If it was away, i'd pick Baltimore...but it's not. SD

cleveland at denver: Cleveland...a shitty offense against a shitty defense...but in the end, Clevelands defense is better than denvers offense.

nyg at dallas: lmao @ "tony homo sucking his own dick if they win." That's true. But, NYG's lines are fucking beastly....Dallas loses at the trenches and proves to be too much for Tony Romo even in the new dome. P.S. Wade Phillips sucks as a head coach. Dude should have stayed a D coordinator!

colts at miami: Colts. Miami's offense is still laughable. Every team prepared for the wildcat, it wont work anymore. Besides, Peyton is gold in the beginning of the season, toward the end he sucks.

Snowman

how bout dem Broncos... dont ever go against Denver when we play Cleveland. we have found are great RB's in Moreno and Buckhalter. 27-6 win. i love it early in the season 2-0 and in 1st place in the West.

that was a nice hit Ray Lewis had there at the end. they switched to BC when the Browns game was over.

Lions 0-19 in their last regular season games. will they ever get a win.

im digging that new Cowboys stadium, seeing it for the first time tonight that is real nice. thats gonna be off the Hook when the NBA all Star game is there in February.

Shadows

I forgot Moreno was injury free. :/

Denver hasn't played anyone from the afc west, that will change. snowman. :p

That ray lewis hit was mean. That game had a lot of questionable calls, but i wont blame it on that. Norv should have went for it with 10 secs left! not took a field goal on 3rd down.

Lions will get a win this season. Against STL, Cleveland or Cin.

roaches

I'm kinda terrified that it could happen against us. I haven't felt this pessimistic about the Skins since my buddy beat up Steve Spurrier's son.

roaches

who are these loudass people in dolphin stadium? did they move this shit to another city.

lol at this head & shoulders commercial:

"you asked with your eyes, trent."

polamalu sounds like the mexican dude from observe & report.

Shadows

^for real. NO OFFENSE. What so ever. OMG.

Wasn't it you that predicted they would win the superbowl with Hayenesworth? I was actually scared of them, but...not so much anymore.

But dont be down on yourself, a few more picks away, and the Lions will be a contender. They just keep it low key, but give some teams a run for their $.

I know I didn't post my picks this week, i forgot, but I got 2 wrong. (I play pool @ work).

I thought Atlanta would upset NE.
I thought SF would upset Minn. (Almost)....

I got only 2 wrong but I lost by 1.

The Rams are now officially the worse team in the league, imo....with CLE and Wash closely behind them. *Raiders would be a good team if J. Marcus Russell could throw accurately*

roaches

every year, i think we can win a super bowl. the ingredients for a top 5 defense are still there, but i don't think the will is. sunday was ugly, ugly, ugly.

as far as offense goes, jc put up one of his career games but there were some huge mistakes:

* that 4th and goal on the 1 in the first quarter - and i think going for it was not a bad decision - should've been anything but that same old stretch play to the left with worn-out portis. (outside running of any sort should be off the table with this team, considering how decrepit one side is.)

* jc's phantom fumbles

* 3rd and 10, moss catches it one yard short, doesn't go any further

* 3rd and 10, cooley catches it one yard short, doesn't go any further

* punting on 4th and 3rd in the fourth

* last play of the game, with 8 seconds - a clock-eating hook and ladder play. ya serious? they should've taken a quick shot into the end zone. it was third down, they would've had time for another one - and this is *still* the detroit lions pass defense that wasn't upgraded from last year's.

that's how we didn't win the game. how we LOST was:

* letting matthew stafford run 23 yards on 3rd and long after accepting a penalty (also not a bad decision, imo), leading to a touchdown.

* letting the lions convert on 3rd down at the end of the game

* playing cover 2 man the entire fucking game.

Snowman

what happened shadows, i assumed the chargers had that game last night.

Denver D is looking great, Orton still needs another game or two and he'll be comfortable in the system. patriots next week, we got that. the mighty tom brady can be beaten.

glad you guys didnt have to watch the bengals/browns yesterday, that game was horrible. cleveland had so many opportunites to win but couldnt capitalize that game should have wound up in a tie. i dont have a satellite so i get stuck watching regional coverage. plus i had to watch the Lions/bears game too. and shockingly that was more entertaining.

Shadows

You know what? The Chargers are a terrible team on the road. OMG. We fucking suck on the road.

We need a NT for sure. Hopefully we can trade for one, b/c otherwise we will have every HB look like Walter Payton and shit.

Our offense started slow, but we still got the most potent offense. I just hope they figure out how to get tomlinson in the mix faster so we wont give away drives like we did earlier when we were trying to establish the run.

Okay, I'm still not sold on Denver yet. They have played one good team with an over-rated QB. Their D looks pretty stout though.

With their schedule ahead, they can easily go 4-5 though. :/

So, hopefully Denver can keep it up, cuz i want my Chargers to get worried and stop playing like a High School Football team on defense.

I didn't even watch the other football games. I was too tired from my schedule.

So you don't think that QB change in Cleveland did anything?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.