Summer Transfers 2011

Bobby Sands

I know the season isnt fully over yet but there have been some transfers confirmed or close to being official.

Taye Taiwo: Marseille to AC Milan
Phillipe Mexes: Roma to AC Milan
Nuri Sahin: Borussia Dortmund to Real Madrid
Hamit Altintop: Bayern Munich to Real Madrid
Johann Elmander: Bolton to Galatasaray
İlkay Gündoğan: FC Nuremburg to Borussia Dortmund
Thomas Kraft: Bayern Munich to Hertha Berlin
Manuel Neuer: Schalke 04 to Bayern Munich

Not confirmed yet but Andrea Pirlo to Juventus is likely as is Guiseppe Rossi to Barcelona from Villareal it seems. Pirlo would be a great signing on a free but i doubt he would leave Italy.

Bobby Sands

^^well there were talks of them paying 30 million for him. But i think it would be to beef up their squad. they are a bit short up front and its been a weakness for them this season. But he will play alot of games. Good player.

Bobby Sands

Maradona just became manager of UAE side Al Wasl and i read earlier that they are preparing a bid for Forlan.

ill lose some respect for Forlan if he goes there. he still has more to offer at the highest level.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Forlan has had an awful season though, still harsh how the Atleti fans boo'd him off the pitch on a few occasions. Apparently he is on his way to Beskitas along with Maicon!?

Bobby Sands

^^yea i know he has been very poor but i think alot of that is down to what he achieved last season and at the world cup. He needs a new challenge i think to get him going again. I dont think he is at the stage where he should be going to UAE for the money.

Maicon to Besiktas? :eek:

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Yeah he should stay in Europe. Beskitas will have a pretty awesome attacking side, they already have Simao, Guti, Quaresma, M. Fernandes & Hugo Almeida.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Hargreaves is/was such a good player for the short time he played for us, he was easily our best midfielder and was a vital part in our League and Champions League wins. But the transfer when you combine the medical costs, wages and transfer fee is one of Fergie's worst transfers.

I hope he can still play for a couple more seasons, even if it is for Arsenal. People mock him 'cause of injury which is a shame when he turned the England fans around with his performances in the 06 World Cup.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I believe a lot of his injuries have to be mental issues. I think he is a very good player though and maybe Spurs and their medical staff could do something with him.

I also think Michael Owen has a GREAT season left in him if the right club pick him up. Maybe even 2.

And hopefully Jonathan Woodgate will get a few games behind him. Another I believe has mental as well as physical barriers.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I'm not sure Charlie Adam is a Liverpool player. He is a very good player. But he isn't mobile. Are Liverpool changing their formation or tactics?

I think he would work better at Villa.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Why..? Reina is never injured and seems to play every single game, why would Friedel go back to be on the bench?

Apparently Man Utd want Ashley Young - We don't need more wingers. We need a creative midfielder.

THEV1LL4N

villa want to re-sign friedel - that's a fact. also, he would not get a chance to play at liverpool. he would be starting every game possible at villa.

liverpool and united are after ashley young... apparently real and barca are/were interested too.

carlos cuellar has just had knee surgery so will miss the start of next season. i can see him leaving soon because he never gets a chance to play.

villa need to cut their wage bill so i could see ashley young leaving. clubs are after downing. kyle walker will return to spurs. i'd happily pay £10m for him, but it wont happen. he will be a regular at spurs next season. reo-coker will probably sign another deal. petrov could leave.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.