Summer Transfers 2011

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
So, how much substance is there actually to a Modric move to Man U as Scholes replacement? Would Tottenham even be willing to sell him?

As much as I don't really like Man U, he'd probably do better there under Fergie than at Tottenham with clueless Harry.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Ruud Van Nistelrooy joins Malaga. Malaga who have been taken over by a billionaire will look to sigh a few good players in the summer.

Getafe also, along with another side, I'm forgetting who - Racing Club I think.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
^^

Make it 100 Mil and I'll take it. I would also pick up Fabregas for 50 before announcing the sale of Xavi.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Owen said he would rather play less for a top team than more for a bad team, which he said he did before and hated it, nice little dig at Newcastle.

But still, its not a good attitude, but he doesn't care about playing any more, a game for him is a bonus, he just seems to be ecstatic that a top team still wants him.

Friedal going to Tottenham is a bit odd, he had a bad season and really at 40 won't get much better agility wise, he's no better than Gomes.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I feel that Villa no longer wanted him. That they thought Martin O'Neil had signed some good players, but also a lot of shit. They were happy to let a lot of them run down their contracts with no desire to renegotiate. I think they are looking to the future with their good kids, and bringing in some good premier league players such as Rob Green.

If they lose Downing and Young though they may have to look again. They need more firepower for sure. Bent, Young and Downing are the only ones who score.

Bobby Sands

I've heard they wanted Iniesta last season, Xavi for £80m, if you were Barca, would you sell?

not unless they have a replacement coming through. There is no player like Xavi in world football atm imo. he makes them tick.

i couldnt see that happening though. Xavi leaving Barcelona. but then nothing surprise me in football anymore. sick to the teeth of it tbh.

I heard that they had bid for Iniesta before and are pretty much bidding for everything. Apparantly, they also bid 350 million for Messi but were told where to go. And also C ROnaldo, who has apparantly told them not this season.

Bobby Sands

I give up on him. He has so much more to offer a club. Almost as bad as Stan Collymore and Eric Cantona for wasting their quality.

he wasted it by making bad decisions and being an arrogant prick of a person. the first of which was his decision to run down his contract and leave liverpool when he did. You know my opinion on that asshole though.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
he wasted it by making bad decisions and being an arrogant prick of a person. the first of which was his decision to run down his contract and leave liverpool when he did. You know my opinion on that asshole though.
Although I understand why Liverpool fans dislike Owen, the contract situations I find a bit odd in general.

If a player sees out his contract and leaves, people are unhappy that the player left for cheap.
If the player leaves whilst time on his contract remains, he's labelled as disloyal.

When is it okay for a player to leave a club?

Bobby Sands

^^no the problem with Owen is the fact that he made promises to the manager over the course of 2 years that he would sign a new contract. He didnt and in the process let his contract run down and then fucked off to real madrid for about a quarter of his true value. Then there were his comments when he left which really angered the fans, many of whom never really took to him in the first place.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I meant as in generally. I understand the Owen/Campbell transfer situations.

For example, if Cesc leaves for Barcelona, he will be branded as disloyal as he only recently signed an extension, if he sees out his contract he will be labelled as a player who let his contract run out so he can go away for free, holding the club for ransom if you will. I'm wondering what fans would rather see happen?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.