Supplements

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I don't take anything although I probably should. My friend takes fish oil religiously, thinking it improves cognitive abilities. I think it's the placebo effect in play.

raywaters11

I agree about fish oil being a placebo but I have a friend that swears by it, also.
What have you thought about taking?
At one point I took creatine and got strong as shit but once I stopped taking it I lost all the strength I had gained. I went from benching 250 three sets of ten to 190 three sets of ten in like a week. Now it's probably less than that because I've not lifted in ten months or longer.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I have a B12 injection every 12 weeks, and take an iron tablet with 300mg of Ferrous about 3 times a week. That is all. I used to take a multi vitamin and some live probiotic. But the pro-biotic was costing me £4 a day. I should probably start the vitamin again.

raywaters11

Muscle Milk is delicious man. Expensive though as far as protein drinks go and has less protein than a lot of cheaper protein drinks, but by far the best tasting.

Shadows

true dat. but apparently, i learned from jokerman in the other thread, we dont need all that protein?

fuck it, better than not tasting that other shit.

i can't have bad tasting protein. It's either this, or nothing.

raywaters11

I've always heard if you wanna get big you should have one gram of protein for every pound you weigh. Not sure how true that is, just what I've always been told.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
1.5 gram of protein for every pound of weight.

Omega oils and multi vitamin is a must to stay healthy and keep things running smoothly and oiled, pun intended.

Creatine wont make you strong, so I have no idea what happened to you lol. Creatine is purely about water retention in the muscle for size and pump. It does however help in recovery, so Im guessing perhaps you're over training right now and have burned out your bench. You should do each muscle group once a week to make sure you recover enough to push at your optimum.

Take a protein, most def you need protein powder, and if you're bulking I cant recommend oats enough!

raywaters11

I have no interest in bulking up at all, I would actually like to trim down. I don't need to lose weight but getting more tone would be nice.
Maybe creatine had a placebo effect on me as well, I know I was benching much more then than I ever was before.
I just now started lifting again after nearly a year and I'm weak as shit on the bench (broke my collar bone also so I'm sure that doesn't help)

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
1.5 gram of protein for every pound of weight.

Omega oils and multi vitamin is a must to stay healthy and keep things running smoothly and oiled, pun intended.

Creatine wont make you strong, so I have no idea what happened to you lol. Creatine is purely about water retention in the muscle for size and pump. It does however help in recovery, so Im guessing perhaps you're over training right now and have burned out your bench. You should do each muscle group once a week to make sure you recover enough to push at your optimum.

Take a protein, most def you need protein powder, and if you're bulking I cant recommend oats enough!
What sort of oats?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Bulking sucks buddy Ive gotten a bit of a chubbier face than normal it pisses me off :( You start feeling fat with all the food after a while. Looking forward to the presummer cut.

raywaters11

Another gym session another disappointing showing lol NEVER TAKE A YEAR OFF
I didn't expect to pick up right where I left off or anything but going down in weight just fucks with your mind,
I'm looking at my arms like "God damn you little bastards you've lifted this before!!"
Anyone else have problems with ear bud headphones not staying in your ears while lifting? Mine fall out almost immediately.

vg4030

Another gym session another disappointing showing lol NEVER TAKE A YEAR OFF
I didn't expect to pick up right where I left off or anything but going down in weight just fucks with your mind,
I'm looking at my arms like "God damn you little bastards you've lifted this before!!"
Anyone else have problems with ear bud headphones not staying in your ears while lifting? Mine fall out almost immediately.
You have too much muscle in your ears.

It shows you are a good listener :D;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.