Supplements

keco52

Staff member
true dat. but apparently, i learned from jokerman in the other thread, we dont need all that protein?

fuck it, better than not tasting that other shit.

i can't have bad tasting protein. It's either this, or nothing.
If you put cinnamon in protein shakes its masks that taste that you get with a lot of protein powders. It's also a natural anti-inflammatory...I dk if it helps with soreness from lifting though.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
true dat. but apparently, i learned from jokerman in the other thread, we dont need all that protein?

fuck it, better than not tasting that other shit.

i can't have bad tasting protein. It's either this, or nothing.
1 to 1 to SURVIVE

1.5 if you are lifting and want to build and prevent muscle breakdown.

Chronic

I haven't tried that specific brand but I use a brown rice protein. The one I have tastes great (some of the reviews of the product you linked say it's tastes vile. Could be that that brand does taste vile or it just doesn't sit well with some people. They are right about it not mixing too well though but I quite like it that one. I simply stir it with a spoon though, not a mixer) and it seems like a good product.

Glockmatic

I've tried many supplements, but I noticed that keeping it simple as possible works best. Here's what I use.

1) BCAA's during fasted work out. This gives me enough energy to lift heavy and won't put my body into a catabolic state while lifting (there's some theories saying it may or may not help, but it keeps me energized and it doesn't break my fast)
2) Whey Protein - used after each workout. Fast acting protein that gets to my muscles ASAP.
3) Fish oil - Omega 3 fatty acids are good for inflammation and all that jazz,
4) Casein protein - used at the end of my feeding window. Slow release protein which helps me recover as I sleep.

What I use to use and why...

1) Arginine - Used it to help with recovery. Didn't notice a significant change once I stopped using it.
2) Beta-Alanine - It's suppose to increase blood flow and make your veins pop like crazy. Instead it tasted like shit and didn't do much...losing weight and lifting heavy made my veins pop.
3) Multi-vitamin - Read a lot of news reports about how multi vitamins don't really help because the vitamins aren't absorbed efficiently. I just ate a lot more vegetables and increased the variety of foods I eat.
4) Creatine - Didn't seem to benefit me too much, I just felt bloated.

I'm on a lean-gains diet, meaning I fast for 16 hours and get all my daily calories in an 8 hour window. Working out fasted allows my body to respond to insulin much better, so I can build muscle and lose fat at the same time really efficiently.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.