Film & TV TV Shows

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure where the other one went.

Anyway, what are you watching right now or recently watched that you really liked?

Let's break it down into new shows and old shows.

For me, not watching anything old. For new shows, I just finished The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. I highly recommend it. Prior to that, it was The Boys on Amazon, which is superbly entertaining. I also watched Cobra Kai just for nostalgia's sake. For fun right now, watching Schitt's Creek, mainly cause the GF likes it.

masta247

Staff member
I don't watch much, but I loved Suits and Homeland. I'm not sure how to classify them since they ran until last year or so. Recently watched the 100, which I love purely because of how unexpected it is and brave to kill off important characters. Felt like a breath of fresh air, as the show doesn't prepare you for anything and you never truly know what's going to happen next. At least that was true for the early seasons.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Re-watching The Office. I do it at least once a year sometimes recipe, just having it on while doing stuff.

For shows still airing, nothing has captivated me more than Fargo, each season better than the last.

But I've been watching less and less TV as of late; I just make time for one or two shows weekly and the rest I can catch up on once a mk the, like Family Guy and The Walking Dead. I've kind of neglected John Oliver too but I still enjoy him when I do watch.

I've been meaning to get in to The Boys but just haven't started it.

Last edited:

dilla

The Expanse is back. I started the show about a year ago when season 4 had been released. I binged all 4 seasons over the span of a few weeks. I finally got over my aversion to sci-fi and space shows whereas in the past I was just turned off assuming sci-fi meant something like nerdy stuff like Star Trek or something involving aliens or mad scientists or something. Didn't seem like my cup of tea. But I'm coming around to it.

I'm going to wait to watch it since I normally watch TV shows on my laptop or on my phone. It works for most shows but this one I'm saving for the OLED.

dilla

I've watched The Boys, The Undoing, The Queen's Gambit etc. Nothing really captures my attention like The Sopranos, The Wire or Breaking Bad did though
90s and 00s HBO can't be beat for dramas. I hear so much about both those shows and I started The Wire but I was pulled away from real life and never got back in to it. But I will soon.

dilla

So no one watches The Expanse, it seems?

It just had an episode that some critics are putting on the same level of The Red Wedding from GoT. I wouldn't go that far, but it just might be a top 3 episode of the show so far in 5 seasons.

dilla

I started Schitt's Creek about two weeks back. Three seasons in and I only just now realized that Johnny and David are father and son in real life. lol the eyebrows should've given it away but I guess I missed that.

The show is great and I definitely slept on it after my friend recommended it after the first season. Now it's over and I watch each episode thinking about how there are no new episodes

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I started Schitt's Creek about two weeks back. Three seasons in and I only just now realized that Johnny and David are father and son in real life. lol the eyebrows should've given it away but I guess I missed that.

The show is great and I definitely slept on it after my friend recommended it after the first season. Now it's over and I watch each episode thinking about how there are no new episodes

Yeah. It's a great show. I love The Goldbergs but I'm a bit older than most here...

Started watching The Servant

dilla

Yeah. It's a great show. I love The Goldbergs but I'm a bit older than most here...

Started watching The Servant
The Goldbergs is good, I agree. I think it explores an era 5-10 years before my time but I get a lot of the references. I started watching because of Jeff Garlin and it grew on me after that. I liked the spinoff, Schooled, too but sadly that was cancelled after a season or two. That was in the late-90s and was more in-line with my childhood.

dilla

Kim's Convenience. The show is about to end as it hasn't been renewed for another season after this but it's been a fun ride since I started watching around season 2. Previous seasons are on Netflix but newer episodes aren't.

Is anyone a longtime The Walking Dead viewer and is still watching?

dilla

I quit. The writing was soooo bad I couldn't stomach the episodes anymore. How about you?
I still watch lol. It got much better in the past season or two but the taste for the previous several seasons still lingers. I just want to see it through since I started watching relatively early on. I remember the day it premiered and my roommate in college watched it and liked it and it was on my mind to watch it ever since.

But it has gotten better even if I am a bit confused on what's going on and what the plan is for the characters now.

I could not stand Breaking Bad, gave up part way through series 2.

Seen some of the Walking Dead as my ex watched it, not for me
I need a new series to watch any suggestions?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.