Film & TV TV Shows

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I could not stand Breaking Bad, gave up part way through series 2.

Seen some of the Walking Dead as my ex watched it, not for me
I need a new series to watch any suggestions?
Superstore. It's about to finish for good this week. Written by some of the folks from The Office and it has the similar charm to it. Not as good, but still a great workplace comedy.

Also, Mr Mayor is a new show that I read started off kind of rough but has really picked up in the past few episodes. If you like Ted Danson, then it's worth a look. As is The Good Place.

dilla

Ooh thank yoou what can I watch them on in the UK?
They're all on NBC in the US but I'm not sure how that makes its way over to the UK. There's always those unofficial streaming sites. They are available on Hulu but I don't think that is outside of the US, either. Netflix might have The Good Place.

dilla

Yeah Mr Mayor is pretty good. I love Tina Fey and she's co-directing it. Doesn't feel like 30 Rock and more like Trial and Error meets Parks.

dilla

I binged Paradise PD's season 3 this past week. This season was way more raunchy than I had remembered the first two seasons. Some real WTF jokes. But it was still right up my alley of humor; I'm just surprised they got away with it, even for a Netflix show.

masta247

Staff member
I'm watching Dawson's Creek for the first time in my life. The first season was refreshingly wholesome and nostalgic, a teenage series making me feel like I'm in the 90s again - a guilty pleasure with a can of coke and a slice of pizza in hand.
But then people started dying and the show got weirdly dark for what it started as. It sends those weird educational messages, like one of the main characters getting drunk at a party, so she gets punished by falling into the lake head first and fucking drowning to death dramatically. The good vibes never came back after that, it's people getting mugged, dying, cheating, having their homes burned down by the gang that this teenage character's drug dealer dad belongs to, or getting caught doing drugs themselves, and the only thing that's cheerful is the intro at this point. Plus the main character just reminds you why bullying was ok in the 90s.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.