What are we all doing now?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
How's life treating everyone who still visits?

Job of your dreams?
Married?
Kids?
Home owner?
Crypto millionaire?
Standing on a box in the street denying the existence of coronavirus?

masta247

Staff member
Job of my dreams in many ways. I'm a project manager for a large tech project that'll be going on for years, working with a great team either from home or a really nice campus, in a city I really wanted to move to and did.
Housing market is the most unaffordable in the world though, so buying or not buying both feel stupid in different ways. I'm hoping it crashes and burns while I'm renting a place I'm very happy with, deciding not to sign up for mandatory hard work for the rest of my productive years just for a bigger concrete box to live in. Living with this girl but no family yet and no idea if we're going to work out that way, so I also like the freedom of being able to drop it all and move to a cheap, sunny country as a realistic backup plan.

The flipside? Funny I had to write this to remind myself to appreciate it. Not gonna lie, somehow wanting to be where I am now felt better than being there though. I am where I wanted to be, and now what? 11-hour work days, lots of responsibility and almost zero mental capacity to do fun stuff, rinse and repeat, aren't exactly fun. Probably also why I don't really feel this desire to put my roots down, I guess I want to have this option of eventually dropping what I thought I wanted, calling it a phase, and moving on to something different somewhere else that feels right in the future. That's where I am in my head, and being in a position of having those options makes me happy.

Last edited:

Da_Funk

Job of my dreams in many ways. I'm a project manager for a large tech project that'll be going on for years, working with a great team either from home or a really nice campus, in a city I really wanted to move to and did.
Housing market is the most unaffordable in the world though, so buying or not buying both feel stupid in different ways. I'm hoping it crashes and burns while I'm renting a place I'm very happy with, deciding not to sign up for mandatory hard work for the rest of my productive years just for a bigger concrete box to live in. Living with this girl but no family yet and no idea if we're going to work out that way, so I also like the freedom of being able to drop it all and move to a cheap, sunny country as a realistic backup plan.

The flipside? Funny I had to write this to remind myself to appreciate it. Not gonna lie, somehow wanting to be where I am now felt better than being there though. I am where I wanted to be, and now what? 11-hour work days, lots of responsibility and almost zero mental capacity to do fun stuff, rinse and repeat, aren't exactly fun. Probably also why I don't really feel this desire to put my roots down, I guess I want to have this option of eventually dropping what I thought I wanted, calling it a phase, and moving on to something different somewhere else that feels right in the future. That's where I am in my head, and being in a position of having those options makes me happy.
I hear you man - I love what I do but if I work less than 10 hours per day, its a day where I didn't work much.

Between work, keeping myself fit, taking care of my pets and maintaining a house I have minimal energy for anything fun. Even simple shit like a video game I don't have time for these days.

Dat grind.

I gave my first CPR couple of days ago. I was horrible at it! He had a seizure and cardiac arrest. He was still warm but no pulse and dead eyes. The ribs cracking and gurgling. I kept slapping him and commanded him to breathe! I’m a bit traumatized by it and I’m ashamed to feel that I never want to go through that again. So I truly Thank those on the frontline!

These crazy machines that paramedics have these days are something else! I thought Captain Kirk was going to show up!

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I have kids and I’m married. Work is alright, steady with enough time for fun things. I had the opportunity to get a promotion which means more money and more work but I decided to spend more time with my kids instead which has been really satisfying.

keco52

Staff member
There was a year in my early-mid 20s when I had been single and living alone for about 2 years. I pulled my queen size bed into my living room and I drew faces on pistachio shells.

I’m doing slightly better than that year. I have a king sized bed now.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
There was a year in my early-mid 20s when I had been single and living alone for about 2 years. I pulled my queen size bed into my living room and I drew faces on pistachio shells.

I’m doing slightly better than that year. I have a king sized bed now.
You still doing life readings?

keco52

Staff member
You still doing life readings?
I try not to but I’ll read for a Cancer

A woman approached me not too long ago and told me she was an angel messenger and my angels had a message for me that I am not fulfilling my souls purpose on earth as a light worker and I should probably get on that posthaste. So I started donating blood and that’s about all the universe can hope to get from me.

Apparently I’m supposed to be healing and manifesting so if anyone needs anything manifested let me know, I’ll attempt to make my angels happy

dilla

A woman approached me not too long ago and told me she was an angel messenger and my angels had a message for me that I am not fulfilling my souls purpose on earth as a light worker and I should probably get on that posthaste. So I started donating blood and that’s about all the universe can hope to get from me.

Apparently I’m supposed to be healing and manifesting so if anyone needs anything manifested let me know, I’ll attempt to make my angels happy

I can't donate blood in the US, last I checked. Something about being in England too long and worried I have Mad Cow Disease prions floating around in me, or something like that. All I know is it's Mad Cow related. Which sucks because getting my blood drawn and getting jabbed has recently become a non-issue for me. Before I'd feel queasy and anxious but now I just watch it go in and don't feel anything. I'd love to just hooked up for 45 mins or so and getting blood and plasma taken for good use.

Preach

Just got my diploma last month. Job is alright.
No girlfriend.
No kids.
No home.
$115,000 credit debt. But my habits are under control now.
3800 hours /played in Ark: Survival Evolved the past two years.

But I'm moving back home and reconnecting with my family in December. It's about time. My little brother and his wife are having their first baby so I'm gonna be an uncle, and they've asked me to be godfather. I think I'm on the back-tip. :)

keco52

Staff member
I can't donate blood in the US, last I checked. Something about being in England too long and worried I have Mad Cow Disease prions floating around in me, or something like that. All I know is it's Mad Cow related. Which sucks because getting my blood drawn and getting jabbed has recently become a non-issue for me. Before I'd feel queasy and anxious but now I just watch it go in and don't feel anything. I'd love to just hooked up for 45 mins or so and getting blood and plasma taken for good use.
Yes, I think you’re right. If you’ve lived in Europe for more than 6 months between certain years you can’t donate. You can’t donate for 3 months if you’ve been tattooed in certain states either (my brother told me this)

What blood type do you have?

I don’t mind needles but I don’t like the smell of blood. I just shuddered thinking about it. The iron smell makes my stomach turn.

dilla

I don’t like the smell of blood.
I remember a story you told me about this involving throwing a rock in to the wind and it coming back and hitting you. Or someone else.

Also....I don't know my blood type lol.

dilla

So what did the readings say? My parents had one done for my sister and I and I have a feeling the dude doing them for us is a hack. I've been told to wear three different "gems" over the past two years and my faith in him was always shaky from the start. I think he's a bum but I want to compare his readings with yours because, amazingly, I trust a stranger on Streethop over some self-proclaimed guru.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.