Technology Android

Casey

Staff member
LG jumps into the market with it's first Android phone:

I see a lot of people with LG phones, so this may just do quite well. Will wait to see the spec though, but the Android domination continues and Apple continue to shit their pants.

Casey

Staff member
Oh yeah, rumor has it the HTC Touch HD 2 is also gonna run Android. Seriously sexy hardware on that one.

Casey

Staff member
I think the Tattoo is the same as the Click, no? Agreed - it looks great.

I know the type Sandeep. I went to a college in Birmingham for about 6 months back in 2005 before I dropped out to go on a world tour. You don't expect to see that much stupidity in an educational institution.

But you know, I said this before in a debate - it doesn't matter if 100 stupid people buy an iphone and 1 intelligent person gets an Android device - because only that 1 intelligent person will go on to change the world.

Those 100 stupid people will likely spend their whole lives in the same city they were born, work menial uncreative jobs, do what their bosses tell them to do, marry a stupid person and have a litter of stupid kids.

I know a ton of people with iphones and I know a ton of people with Android devices. No coincidence that the people with the Android devices are the more intelligent, creative, successful people, of course there are are a few exceptions on both sides, but generally that's how it is.

The funny thing is that on some level I think Apple even know this. Their advertising and marketing is unbelievably patronising.

Casey

Staff member
I think the Tattoo is the same as the Click, no? Agreed - it looks great.

I know the type Sandeep. I went to a college in Birmingham for about 6 months back in 2005 before I dropped out to go on a world tour. You don't expect to see that much stupidity in an educational institution.

But you know, I said this before in a debate - it doesn't matter if 100 stupid people buy an iphone and 1 intelligent person gets an Android device - because only that 1 intelligent person will go on to change the world.

Those 100 stupid people will likely spend their whole lives in the same city they were born, work menial uncreative jobs, do what their bosses tell them to do, marry a stupid person and have a litter of stupid kids.

I know a ton of people with iphones and I know a ton of people with Android devices. No coincidence that the people with the Android devices are the more intelligent, creative, successful people, of course there are are a few exceptions on both sides, but generally that's how it is.

The funny thing is that on some level I think Apple even know this. Their advertising and marketing is unbelievably patronising.

Casey

Staff member
Why the hell did the post I just type show up before all the ones that were already here? Wtf is going on?

THEV1LL4N

thats looking really good.

i got into a little argument over android vs. apple yesterday. and to think i would have been in a position to defend apple's iphone had i actually bought that phone. im better off woth android because its better connected with the internet using google services.

casey, that was a very good point you brought up in the other thread about everyday usage of google's services such as the search engine etc (when i was deciding which phone to get). thank you.

Casey

Staff member
After reading through a few of my posts on here you should be pretty well equipped for that argument.

It is a good point, it's a point that simply cannot be denied. People use Google search. People use Gmail. People use YouTube. Those three services dominate their respective fields on the whole of the internet.

The whole point of a smartphone is that it has a constant internet connection. Therefore, Android makes the most sense because the services that you already use are native to the operating system.

Sandeep you are not the only person that I know that was considering an iPhone but went with Android instead after I explained a few things - and all of those people couldn't be happier with their Android phones.

It's just one seriously dope operating system, we're only on 1.5 and we're already kicking Apple's ass and they are on 3.0 of their OS. Imagine what Android will be like when we get to 3.0.

Casey

Staff member
Samsung Galaxy Lite - Android is coming from all angles! I actually really dig the lime green color, as well as the little android logo on the back cover :)

THEV1LL4N

message to my friend on facebook (because its easier to read fully on a website rather than bit by bit in a text message - i thought i'd have a go at convincing someone to not be a sheep and choose android over apple):

Don't get iphone, trust me. Wack phone. Get any phone which runs the android operating system. T-mobile G1 and G2 touch are the ones!! I got the G1 and its much better overall, much cheaper. Phone is free whereas with the iphone you still have t...o pay £90 for the phone. With iphone you get 600mins 500texts for £35. On G1, phone is free, 800 mins and unlimited texts/ultd internet etc for £30/month. You can also get £20 month ones aswell.

Apple are runnin scared of android. Android is gonna take over and its developing at an unbelievably fast pace every day.
G1 also has flip out keyboard AND touchscreen so you've got the best of both worlds. If you get iphone you'll be... stressed tryin to text on there. Also I've hacked my phone and its a F'in monster compared to before. Really easy to do, if you get same phone I'll do yours too. You get all the latest things before they officially come out from google.

Oh and btw its a google phone, so you get all of googles services like youtube, maps etc.

P.s. many peoples iphones (3gs) overheat. And when they phone up apple, they tell them that its their fault. Customer is to blame.

Don't be a fool and get brainwashed by apple's marketing. They only just brought basic functions like c...opy/paste/3MP camera, video recording. G1 had all that a year in advance so they're setting the standards. Htc hero (G2 touch) is sellin like a MF-er, that phone rips the iphone to shreds.

What an essay. Distinction.

then my friends back from college comment:

Ashley Brown
this geeza trys to look good by going against what other people like or summit about iphone over heat

ive got one
my moms got one
my uncles got one... Read more
my dads got one
rajus got one ive had mine for over a year

never had one problem wid it and its the best phone ive had look on any review site and see for urself or buy any magazine i never seen someone chat so much foolishness in my life. i feel bad for taking time out my life to actually comment on this folishness smh
Yesterday at 21:49

Sandeep Sagoo
One word: Fanboy
Yesterday at 21:51 · Delete

Ashley Brown
blood uve just wrote an article on a phone how u gonna call me a fan boy u got to much time on ur hands instead of writing shit on facebook that no one cares about go out and experince the world
Yesterday at 21:52

Sandeep Sagoo
Why are you so angry? I'm just stating my opinion from my experience, facts and other people's word.

Android has taken 12% market share in 11 months. Its going be on samsung galaxy, sony ericsson xperia x3, htc phones, morotola sholes and other phones so will continue to be a threat to apple like firefox is to IE.

Open source is the way forward, great for development and its not locked down like apples code.... Read more

I'm writing this for sharne. If he wants to read it he can, if he doesn't he can ignore it. I don't mind. His decision, not mine and I don't have a problem with that. But am I not entitiled to state my opinion. Every argument has at least 2 sides.

I have read reviews on different forums. Iphone is just fun to use, but like with anything else it has its pros and cons.

Not way too much time on my hands. Don't take me long to text using a physical keyboard, took me two mins.
Yesterday at 22:09 · Delete

Ashley Brown
Who cares about Market share lmao come on now you really think I'm angry I couldn't care less just saying my opinnion as you just said.
Yesterday at 22:12

Sandeep Sagoo
Don't get me wrong, I think iphone is decent. I was set on buying one but I got htc dream instead and I'm glad I made the decision I did. Its debatable though cos people have different needs ans uses from phones and like different things.

Market share is imprtant because it will be important for growth and how many companies carrry the brand and ... Read moreOS which creates more revenue and eventually begin to monopolise like micro$oft are doing atm. Currently, no one comes close unless they use the mac for design or preferential purposes which is nothing compared to the basic home user. Same with phones. People are switching to the smartphone.
Yesterday at 22:17 · Delete

Haron Raju
Lol the iphone is the best fone ever and the 3gs is even better!! and sharne u should stay with your blyk!!! Lol
Yesterday at 22:18

Sandeep Sagoo
About market share. Iphone has been out for 3 years, android less than 11months. With the android mobile operating system coming to most major phone carriers/manufacturers its going to be a huge boost and the whole system is going to get an averhaul soon. V1.6 is due out next few months. Modded OS I'm running has already got those features. V2.0 is out next year.
Yesterday at 22:21 · Delete

Sandeep Sagoo
Raju: What's the point in getting the 3gs and paying extra money? Get iphone 3g and update the firmware. Same phone, updated to same firmware. Iphone 3gs was already outdated upon its release. Jailbreak it and add more features.
Yesterday at 22:23 · Delete

Haron Raju
Awww yess "rajus got one" ultimate boost!!!
Yesterday at 22:24

Shaun Manahan
raju got an iphone what is the world comin to ultimate boost indeed. raju fuk u and fuk blyk hahaha duno i myt get it still.
Yesterday at 23:38

Sandeep Sagoo
i can think of many phones which are better than the iphone.

HTC Dream (G1), HTC Magic (G2/My Touch3G), HTC Hero (G2 Touch), Nokia N97, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Sholes will be, so will the Sony Ericsson Xperia X3.

iphone cant even handle MMS. my nokia 6230 could do more (besides the touchscreen). why pay over the odds for something average. iphone touchscreen is good though.... Read more

@first comment: 5 people who have an iphone that have had no problems. doesnt represent everyone else's experience.

watch in a years time. apple even removed google's apps and services from the app store because they realised they were generating revenue for their main competitor; thus depriving their own customers from what they actually want.
6 minutes ago · Delete
now these people arent really clever. i was friends with them because they had same interests with me at college such as music, sport and all studying the same subject. i dont like that askley brown, never have - i dont like him, he dont like me. but for the sake of our other friends we just let the beef slide and just stay cool.

im glad im not in college no more, all people did was argue and argue. very thick people there, always asking me for help. not very independent. sports science class. they were only there to mess around and play sport, i was there for the education, to play sport, keep fit/healthy, and because i wanted to go into phyisotherapy, psychology or nutrition.

point is, they dont know any better and will all just end up getting the iphone.

masta247

Staff member
You gonna get an Android device masta? I know the G1 is available in Poland. But might be worth waiting for the Motorola Sholes which is hitting next month and will be the first device to run Android 2.0.
I'd love to but I'm on an average plan and most smartphones are expensive as hell here.
Also I'm in Orange mobile and there's no G1 here.
I'm hoping for a decent price on HTC Tattoo. Looks like a mid-range Android smartphone that has everything I need. I expected it to be much worse but the specs have leaked and it looks really decent enough with a 3,2mpx camera with autofocus, wifi, gps and a 528mhz processor + Android 1.5 and Sense UI. Sweet for an "entry level smartphone".
It would be cool if it had a physical keyboard though :(

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39029453,49303572,00.htm
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_tattoo-2932.php

Now I'm really excited for this one.

THEV1LL4N

samsung galaxy lite is going to be released. its got a lime green colour instead of black/white casing and has a 1GB internal memory as an alternative to the 8GB which the original galaxy has.
another spec is that is has a 3.2MP camera rather than the 5MP one the original galaxy has too.

i hope they sell this one at a very good price. im thinking of my next phone already and i want to stay on android so that i can just continue where i left off with all of my accounts, apps, system files etc... by that time they might be on Android 3.0 which i think they might label that one as eclair if not something like 2.0, 2.1 or 2.5.

masta247

Staff member
Samsung Galaxy Lite spec-wise looks a bit better than HTC Tattoo and considering that Samsung phones tend to be cheaper it may be more popular.
There's quite a lot of Android smartphones coming this year, including a whole bunch of entry-level ones. I wonder which one will be the cheapest and with the best price/performance ratio.

Casey

Staff member
samsung galaxy lite is going to be released. its got a lime green colour instead of black/white casing and has a 1GB internal memory as an alternative to the 8GB which the original galaxy has.
another spec is that is has a 3.2MP camera rather than the 5MP one the original galaxy has too.

i hope they sell this one at a very good price. im thinking of my next phone already and i want to stay on android so that i can just continue where i left off with all of my accounts, apps, system files etc... by that time they might be on Android 3.0 which i think they might label that one as eclair if not something like 2.0, 2.1 or 2.5.
I posted the Samsung Galaxy lite on the last page - it should have been on this page but got fucked up with that whole posting error with the timezones and shit. It does look very cool.

btw, 2.0 is Eclair. The upcoming 1.6 release is Donut.

Casey

Staff member
You guys hear about the Motorola Android phone that was announced today? It's pretty sick. I'll post some stuff about it later probably.

But check out this - this is an app that has been submitted to the new Android Developer Challenge 2, where Google are giving out something like $2million in prize money to the best apps.

[youtube]tzgFuUu0oxg[/youtube]

That shit looks awesome.

THEV1LL4N

my friend bought the HTC Hero today. im glad someone had enough sense to get an android powered device. but he did say he was considering getting the n97 or iphone. he said he didnt get the iphone because he'd have to wait a bit longer. its a good thing that he wouldve had to wait then.

Casey

Staff member
Motorola Cliq/DEXT launching next month running Android with Moto's own "MotoBlur" UI which links together all your social networks similar to the HTC Sense UI that's on the HTC Hero and upcoming HTC Tattoo, and Sony Ericsson's upcoming Rachael UI:

[youtube]i6Ak5t4T1Ws[/youtube]

Launching next month on T-Mobile in the US and Orange in the UK.

I'm keeping a close eye on Motorola. They have another Android device, called the Sholes, coming out in December which supposedly will be the first device to run Android 2.0, and will have a full physical keyboard yet be even thinner than the HTC Magic and HTC Hero which don't have keyboards. It's sounding pretty bad ass and I might just get one when my G1 contract runs out, although I'm hoping HTC come up with another Android phone with a physical keyboard and the same spec as the Sholes. The spec of the Sholes PLUS the Motoblur interface is EPIC WIN.

Also, LG are jumping into the market with their first Android phone. I'm not a fan of LG generally but this looks pretty nice.

5-row QWERTY keyboards FTW. Anything less is not good enough, you hear me Nokia with your pathetic 3-row QWERTY on the N97? Well the Sholes only has a 4-row keyboard which kinda sucks as well, but I can live with that for that screen size.

Here's a good article about the Sholes:

10 reasons to start saving for the Verizon Motorola Sholes Android phone – Android and Me

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.