Technology Android

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Anyone getting the S24
Nope. Looks good but either I have completely fallen out of the smartphone craze and keeping up with features, or the S22 Ultra I have has truly been a perfect phone that hasn't had me looking over at others phone and ruing for their features.

Although, I think the S10+ I had four years ago was also just fine; I just got a ridiculous upgrade deal from T-Mobile that would've made getting the S22U only a $400 upgrade as opposed to a $1200 one.

I get what you mean. I am on a S23 at the moment, and can have something called switch up so I can swap my phone as often as I want after 3 months. Debating the S24 but not too sure yet

Jokerman

So I got the Apple Vision Pro. No, I didn't. Not paying $3500 for that thing. It looks interesting but it's got to come down in price and go through at least one more generation before I consider it. Anyone have the Meta 2 or 3?

The least talked about new Apple platform... ever? lol

a SE at $1000 with the first gen tech seems reasonable in a couple of years... maybe. they should A.I. Jobs, make it run the company and make another industry killer. Vision Pro with all the bell and whistles plus brain entrainment, ultrasound pain relief, A.I. brainwave detection, BrainBand, etc. AND no wireless chip. ;)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
How old is your son because I read it's not for those under 13. They say the headset isn't weighted or optically aligned for smaller heads and eyes. Not that that has stopped kids from using it. Found any issues, eye or neck strain?
He's 16. He's fine with it. I can't use it because of motion sickness haha

He had a PSVR previously. But he wanted a PC and a Quest to play with his mates online

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
What games are people playing in VR?

With how expensive the headsets are and I assume you need a high-end GPU in a PC to really enjoy it, are there games that are worth the $1000s one would invest in it?

No games as of late but I considered getting the OG Oculus for racing sims especially Assetto Corsa + racing wheel and mods! I Decided to upgrade my PC instead. :)

I get my dissociation in other ways!!

$15 million foreign Godzilla movie that Overlord Spielberg had a wet dream over should be an indication for current trend of unfinished retail games that cost millions and millions of dollars to develop!! :D

Jokerman

Unless you have to have the cutting edge of mobile technology, I'd say no need to upgrade to the S24 if you have an S23. The changes are incremental. Save money. Also, 25 is a milestone number and might be a special release to wait for.

Apple canceled their stupid EV project! Tablets on wheels do not work in the real world. It could be the death of us when electric trucks freeze in their place!! Not that I have anything against lowly commoners contributing to the "carbon free future" lol but what we use is fraction of what they use, and they are burning more to steal some more.

Casey Rain used to say - Apple is toys for kids. Now I agree.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.