Console & Gaming Thread

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I've downloaded Forza 5 ready

But FM22 is out Monday. And that will take all my time. Can't start yet though, as I won't stop and have two assignments due for my MSC

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I've downloaded Forza 5 ready

But FM22 is out Monday. And that will take all my time. Can't start yet though, as I won't stop and have two assignments due for my MSC

Had to look up what FM22 was lol. I guess those games are popular but yeah, time consuming. There's a similar game for PC for baseball called OOTP (Out of the Park Baseball) that people rave about if you're a stats junkie but that's not my cup of tea.

FH5 is out for those who purchased the DLC. I guess I could pre-load it but I'll be busy this week. The past few days I was off and made good headway through Yakuza 0. I think Chapter 12 or 13 so that might as far as I get for another week. FH5 might be a more chill, pick up and play title to keep on hand though.

dilla

Downloaded FH5 from my phone at the clinic. Was installed and ready to go as soon as I got home.

It's been fun so far but they just hand you cars? You don't have to buy them as you progress through the story? Like I just got a C8 Corvette to begin the game and then promptly got a GT2 RS lol. It's been fun so far. Open world car games, never thought about how it'd work but it does. I will say the car and the environment look great but they straight up ignore the humans in this game. They still look like people from the 360 days. And people aren't exactly a small part of the game since you interact with them and see them in cut scenes all the time. So weird to have a realistic car and then a 360 character walks out of it and starts talking to you.

I think I might be close to done with 0, too. Oda just ate lead and its the end of that chapter, I think 14? And If I remember correctly, there's 17 chapters. Still a lot of story to wrap up but as someone that used to have trouble finishing games in the past, Yakuza has been a real treat to make my way through.

dilla

Final chapter now, just finished off Kuze. Seeing Makoto and Sera, both, survive gunshots, it's like guns don't mean anything in this game.

dilla

Finished 0. Wow. Real sad that Makoto never recognized Majima. I forgot that detail for a bit that she only saw his silhouette and not his face.

Also going back to my comment earlier about Majima seeming kinda bipolar; reserved and cool one moment and then when he was mad he turned in to a crackhead with his voice and the look in his eyes. When he sees Kiryu and says his name with that mad look in his eyes, that's what I remember of Majima in the beginning of Kiwami (the one hour I played it) and also in LaD.

Now I'm debating giving the series a break and playing a game in between or jumping right back in to Kiwami and mowing through the rest of the series. I don't know if I feel the "fatigue" yet. I'm also paranoid the series will leave Gamepass soon since it's getting closer to that one year mark of it being on GP. I guess I could buy the rest of the series with MS rewards points but...I'd rather not? But I'm down for supporting the devs so...

I've been messing around with Forza for a bit too. Driving around the open world isn't as fun as I thought it would be. The races are fine, though. I still want something with the story of Japanese RPGs, like Final Fantasy and Yakuza. Maybe I'll start Dragon Quest.

dilla

I just said fuck it and started Kiwami lol. Like I mentioned before, I got about an hour in to the game on PC so I'll re-do that part of the story and move on from there.

I read about the 20th anniversary of Xbox event today and how some more backwards-compatible games were added with the FPS Boost. I saw Kameo was on there. I never played the game but I do remember 20 years ago that it was supposed to be a GameCube title until Rare was bought out by MS and then was released on the 360 several years later. I may look in to it. All of the Gears of War games got an FPS boost too and I never played those games so now might be a good time. But I'm also perfectly fine just sticking to Yakuza lol. I'm worried I'm going to over-do it but I don't care, I really enjoy the story. I get about 3-5 hours of play time a week so Yakuza and its story seems like a better investment of my time in to a game rather than most other games where the story takes a backseat.

dilla

Bruh, does every Yakuza game start off with a murder and someone else taking the fall for it or being a patsy? lol this is ridiculous.

I downloaded the Infinite multiplayer beta. I haven't touched Halo since the Halo 3 days and I think I last played Halo 3 back in 2010, maybe. After that, I switched to COD, which apparently sucks now?

Casey

Staff member
Finished 0. Wow. Real sad that Makoto never recognized Majima. I forgot that detail for a bit that she only saw his silhouette and not his face.
For what it's worth.... the Majima / Makoto saga continues (briefly) in Kiwami 2. Many years later. But I won't spoil it for you.

If you didn't connect the dots - Majima becomes who is because of what happens in Zero to Nishitani. He basically takes on Nishitani's whole attitude from that point on.

dilla

For what it's worth.... the Majima / Makoto saga continues (briefly) in Kiwami 2. Many years later. But I won't spoil it for you.

If you didn't connect the dots - Majima becomes who is because of what happens in Zero to Nishitani. He basically takes on Nishitani's whole attitude from that point on.
Yeah, I noticed the similarities in their personalities after seeing Majima in LaD.

dilla

Shenmue III will be free on the Epic Games Store. At least that's the rumor. I need to get in on it. Epic does the 12 days of giveaways for Christmas and it's supposed to be a part of that.

I never finished Shenmue 1 nor played 2 so....

dilla

Also, I didn't know they were making a The Expanse game. That might be the first movie/tv show that was made in to a game that I'm actually interested in.

dilla

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and 2 are leaving Gamepass. Fuuuuuck. I need to at least finish Kiwami by the end of the year, which may be doable. But no chance on Kiwami 2.

I'm hoping there's some sale for the series and for the Holidays and I can scoop up the rest before they leave too.

dilla

I couldn't finish Kiwami so I ended up getting it for $5, as well as Kiwami 2, since it'll be leaving GP soon. It's been a long time since I dumped money ( a fiver, lol) on a game and had no regrets. Really, the entire series seems worth it. I'll wait until 3-5 Remastered is about to leave GPU and I'll get that on sale too and have zero regrets for supporting the devs on that. Admittedly, it's all free credit from MS Rewards but the sentiment is the same. Truly a "take my money, Sega" moment.

I picked up FF9 and 15, too. I never finished 9 (or 7...or 8) but got deep in to those games back in the day. 9 should look better than the PSX days. Once I start 15, I'll have at least played the entire FF series, minus the MMORPG ones. 11 and 14, I believe?

Casey

Staff member
Oh yeah. The whole series is definitely worth the money.

As far as FF, the only one I've ever played is the new FF7 Remake Part 1 and I loved it. But I don't know if it's representative of other games, so I probably won't take the chance on another one until they release a new mainline one - I think 16 is up next? Some of the other recent ones seem to be more focused on online multiplayer.

dilla

I played a bit of FF15 and I have to say it looks like shit on the Series S. I think Square optimized it for the Series X and, maybe, the One X, but left the Series S version the same as the One version. FF13 looks better and amazing on my PC. So that was pretty disappointing.

I am a big fan of Square games but I am slowly learning about some of their shitty practices as time goes on. The NFT debacle, being lazy about updating games or optimizing them, etc. The exclusivity thing they pulled with FF7 Remake is also not good as PC only recently got it and the Xbox is still just up in the air at the moment on whether it will get it. I expect some poor practices whenever 16 is released, too.

FF15 has a multiplayer mode, apparently, and it was included in the bundle I bought for $17 during the sale. I'm no purist but aside from the FF MMORPGs, it feels odd to have an FF game with multiplayer. It doesn't feel right. I haven't tried it out as yet and probably won't any time soon but it's still odd to see.

I've taken a break from Yakuza since I actually purchased it. I'm in the short phase of just enjoying pick up and play games like Halo Infinite. I hope they add more maps to the game since I'm bored of the 4 or so maps they cycle through, at least in Ranked mode. I remember Halo 3, the last Halo MP I played, there were at least a dozen maps from the get-go and they added more as DLC as time went on. I'm hoping there's no map DLC this time around but it seems gaming has changed so much since 2013 that it is to be expected.

dilla

Another year, another MS acquisition. If this means COD and Overwatch are coming to Gamepass, that is one hell of a deal. I'm guessing these games are kept afloat by people purchasing DLC and other stuff but should still be fun for those of us that don't spend more money than just GPU alone.

I wonder what Sony's response is going to be. They've taken two big Ls in the last 15, or so, months with Zenimax and Activision-Blizzard coming under Microsoft's wing. They'll really have to pump out some of their IPs in the next 18 months. It'd be nice to see them try to rival COD by bringing back SOCOM and Killzone. I don't think those series have been seen since the PS3 days, maybe.

dilla

I know the Souls games are very challenging and most people don't complete them but I am very much interested in Elden Ring after learning more about it in the past month or so and I'm excited for its release. I didn't know GRRM was involved in developing the game's world. I thought he'd have a hand in the story, too, but what I'm reading is saying he is not involved with the plot/story.

Still, looks good. I know Dying Light 2 came out, albeit a bit broken at release, but I've heard good things about it too. I watched a YTer play the first one on a live stream but it was on Switch so it didn't look as good as it probably should have.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.