Official NBA Thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I'm happy for Lebron. But from what i've read about the Lakers the past decade, Jeanie Buss ran that franchise in to the ground and were saved not by Lebron, but by adding AD on top of that in order to win.

I'm really excited for next season because there were so many missing superstars. I still value the season and the bubble and hats off to Silver for making the bubble work and even setting a blueprint for making it work, even though a few leagues basically farted on that idea and are paying the price now. But whoever won the Finals this year was going to have an asterisk in the minds of many fans as a wacky season. The outbreak, the months off, the resumption, the bubble, etc. And like I mentioned earlier, teams were decimated by injuries. GS wasn't GS with Steph missing a ton of time. KD and Kyrie and Klay were out. If Lebron was to win a second ring in LA in the next few years, I think that might have a ton of implications for his legacy. He'll likely have gone through all those players to get it and he'd have won two as a Laker.

So this championship "counts" but there will be a lot of "yeah, buts" about it, regardless of who won mainly because of the shortened season and the bubble, but also the absence of a handful of superstars.
GS picks 4th in the draft, if I'm not mistaken, which is just dumb. Klay, Draymond, Steph, and a top 5 draft pick on the floor for next season is going to be ridiculous.

But it's crazy how the Lakers were a laughing stock when they fired Magic. Or he "quit." Kobe's passing was just another heavy layer on top of that. It was a storybook ending to all that shit the Lakers went through within the last year, or less.

I also feel for Jimmy. I wonder if Miami is going to go out and get him some help. It's bittersweet to see him do well outside of Chicago and it sucks to think about what could have been had Rose never been injured and if Jimmy and DRose got along and stayed in Chicago. Instead, we got Lauri and Retard Kobe in Coby White. Yay.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Jeez, this thread is almost a year old without a post.

Speaking of Derozan lol....

We might actually compete this year. Been a long time since I could say that with a straight face

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.