Official NBA Thread

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
This off season really feels like a soap opera.

I can't wait to see how this plot lines play out next season!

yak pac fatal

They’re looking like a lottery team. I think Dlo will definitely be traded for some picks. They’re missing Thompson and Iggys defense. New guys look like lost puppies.

yak pac fatal

Curry is out with a broken hand. This is probably a great thing for them. Get a high lottery pick this year, shut Klay down for the season, "load manage" Curry and hope to flip Dlo for a SF or a C, and you should be back in the mix next season.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Hayward also out with a left hand fracture.

Bulls suck again. I wonder how long we half-ass tanking.

dilla

^You think Boylen is gonna get fired?

I'm not expert nor hardcore NBA fan but I do follow local sports radio a lot. When Hoiberg was ousted, there was a lot of criticism of Boylen but by the end of the season, everyone was on board with him. Or at least satisfied with him given the team and talent he had and what he did with it. The hope was he would make us a top 8 team in the East.

I think the attitude towards him is more neutral now. I don't think anyone is calling for his head and Coby and Lavine have been putting up some numbers. Lauri too, I guess. I don't think he gets canned. If one is mad at the Bulls organization, they're mad at the FO first and foremost and are looking for GarPax's head.

Beating the Knicks was something, albeit a very tiny thing considering they're going through similar stuff too with their leadership and coach. Theirs is a much worse situation from what I understand but that has nothing to do with us.

No, I don't think he's going to get the boot but I also don't have my ear to the streets regarding it. I think we expected the Bulls to do much better than they have so far, including those early season losses to Memphis, I think? And another team. But there is so much drama in the NBA that I think the Bulls issues finally took a backseat to GS losing their squad completely and the focus on Lebron's nuts. That Houston-China fiasco blew over quite fast but it was still a big thing the last month. I just hope we put our heads down and just make the playoffs again. I'm hopeful on Coby's development, though. We're not competing with the Bucks, Sixers, or Nets but I think we can be a #7 or 8 team.

dilla

I checked the Bulls subreddit for once. They fucking hate him. I had no idea. The radio hosts didn't seem as anti-Boylen but the fans certainly are. But fans are weird. They actually wanted Hoiberg to stay when Boylen was his replacement and now they think Boylen sticks around because GarPax is too proud to admit their hiring mistake.

Bulls suck and have sucked since Thibs left. The issue seems to be more than just a new HC.

Last edited:

yak pac fatal

^Yea the fans never really liked GarPax. Thibs is a good coach but man, he runs players into the ground. If he could play the starting 5 for 48min he would. Yall got a young and talented roster though. Just need a good coach and some vets.

dilla

I can't think of any vets that would want to come to Chicago. AD is a vet, despite being pretty young, right? I know when the Lakers came to town about two weeks ago, there were some opinion pieces saying that AD might decide to leave LA at the end of the season and return home to play in Chicago. I doubt it but that might be the veteran presence we need. Not to mention he's an all-star, probably elite NBA talent. But a veteran nonetheless.

That would be nice but I doubt it happens. He'd get paid here, I think, though, so that might entice him.

GarPax has been shat on for as long as I followed the Bulls. And I've been following them since the last two Jordan years and when GarPax took over shortly after that era. I don't think anything happens to them. They'll die in that FO before giving it up.

And yeah, Thibs got every last drop out of his players with Chicago but the dude also had us playing top-ranked defense in his time here. I miss that.

Do you subscribe to The Athletic? I was skeptical at first with them being a startup trying to rival ESPN's Insider thing and I didn't know if it would be quality stuff, despite a friend of mine being subbed for nearly two years now, and loving it. But with ESPN changing Insider to ESPN+ and them ending their ESPN Magazine production a month ago, all those Insider articles changed to ESPN+. I had been getting ESPN for free since like 2010 or so because of those survey sites and I had a subscription until like 2028 lol. The rep on the phone even laughed at it when he checked for me some time ago. Probably laughing because he knew my dumbass wouldn't have shit in a few months when it all changed to ESPN+.

Anyway, so Insider is done for me and I needed a spot with reputable journalists so I took some offer from my friend's account that got me 40 or 50% off a year subscription. So it's $30 a year. Definitely different from ESPN since it's all their own stuff and I was used to ESPN's site having tons of clips and original programming to watch, including live stream broadcasts, but the writing and comment section on articles seems to be better than ESPN's. And $30 isn't much for a year; I'll see if i want to continue this time next year but I know a Cubs writer is a frequent guest on our local sports radio and I love his work.

But the main reason I ask is since you like the NBA so much and Shams Charania is a pretty big deal on rNBA and so you might like his stuff on there. I mainly follow the Athletic for CFB and NFL and MLB stuff but their NBA coverage seems to be really loved on Reddit too, and highly regarded.

yak pac fatal

I can't think of any vets that would want to come to Chicago. AD is a vet, despite being pretty young, right? I know when the Lakers came to town about two weeks ago, there were some opinion pieces saying that AD might decide to leave LA at the end of the season and return home to play in Chicago. I doubt it but that might be the veteran presence we need. Not to mention he's an all-star, probably elite NBA talent. But a veteran nonetheless.

That would be nice but I doubt it happens. He'd get paid here, I think, though, so that might entice him.

GarPax has been shat on for as long as I followed the Bulls. And I've been following them since the last two Jordan years and when GarPax took over shortly after that era. I don't think anything happens to them. They'll die in that FO before giving it up.

And yeah, Thibs got every last drop out of his players with Chicago but the dude also had us playing top-ranked defense in his time here. I miss that.

Do you subscribe to The Athletic? I was skeptical at first with them being a startup trying to rival ESPN's Insider thing and I didn't know if it would be quality stuff, despite a friend of mine being subbed for nearly two years now, and loving it. But with ESPN changing Insider to ESPN+ and them ending their ESPN Magazine production a month ago, all those Insider articles changed to ESPN+. I had been getting ESPN for free since like 2010 or so because of those survey sites and I had a subscription until like 2028 lol. The rep on the phone even laughed at it when he checked for me some time ago. Probably laughing because he knew my dumbass wouldn't have shit in a few months when it all changed to ESPN+.

Anyway, so Insider is done for me and I needed a spot with reputable journalists so I took some offer from my friend's account that got me 40 or 50% off a year subscription. So it's $30 a year. Definitely different from ESPN since it's all their own stuff and I was used to ESPN's site having tons of clips and original programming to watch, including live stream broadcasts, but the writing and comment section on articles seems to be better than ESPN's. And $30 isn't much for a year; I'll see if i want to continue this time next year but I know a Cubs writer is a frequent guest on our local sports radio and I love his work.

But the main reason I ask is since you like the NBA so much and Shams Charania is a pretty big deal on rNBA and so you might like his stuff on there. I mainly follow the Athletic for CFB and NFL and MLB stuff but their NBA coverage seems to be really loved on Reddit too, and highly regarded.
Na, I'm not subscribed to The Athletic. Lmao were those ESPN insider articles any good? I really stopped messing with ESPN around 2009-2010. I got to hoopshype.com for news and trade rumors. Been using it since high school. Sometimes I watch Skip & Shannon or Stephen A Smith but they're mostly for entertainment while I'm doing something. My friend told me the Zach Lowe podcast is really good for NBA stuff.

dilla

Na, I'm not subscribed to The Athletic. Lmao were those ESPN insider articles any good? I really stopped messing with ESPN around 2009-2010. I got to hoopshype.com for news and trade rumors. Been using it since high school. Sometimes I watch Skip & Shannon or Stephen A Smith but they're mostly for entertainment while I'm doing something. My friend told me the Zach Lowe podcast is really good for NBA stuff.
Insider was free for me for all those years so I didn't have too many qualms with it. I used it for CFB recruiting stuff mainly and if an Insider article made it to the front page of ESPN, I'd read it and it was pretty good. It would usually be stuff from Kiper and McShay and maybe Woj too, so it would be respectable figures putting stuff out there. I think Insider alone was like $3-5 a month or free with a magazine sub, but I wouldn't have paid for it if I had to lol.

Yeah I watch First Take, really, usually in the evening when eating, so I get about 45 mins. before I stop. And like you said, it's just entertainment despite them discussing sports issues casually. I like the personalities on there, even if SAS gets shit on a lot on the internet. Max is great and Molly Qerim :cool:

dilla

How about LeBron shutting up critics from earlier in the season? So much was made about the Lakers looking dead against Kawhi and the Clippers and now the Lakers are on a 10? 11 game win streak?

People even stopped giving him shit about his thoughts on China, good or bad. They're back to swinging from his nuts again lol.

I'm glad. I like LBJ though I had a change of heart when he went to Miami. And then a change of heart again when he won it for Cleveland and broke down on the court. I hope he keeps rubbing his nuts on the critics' foreheads.

Unrelated but I didn't realize how comfortable basketball shoes are lol. I have a pair of the LBJ Witness 2s and they're nice but I tried on a pair of the Kyries and it was a whole different ballgame. Can't ball for shit but I'd love one of those in black on white.

yak pac fatal

After witnessing him quit on the Cavs in 2010 and leaving the Cavs like a snake, I'll never be a fan of him again. Dude acts too much like a bitch. He's a hall of famer and a bitch all at the same time.

Lol, my favorite kicks to ball in were the T-Mac 2s and Gil-Zero. I don't like the newer sneakers. They feel super cheap like they're made out of sock material and my ankles don't feel safe in them. I don't ball as much as I used to but when I do it's with the Jordan 10s, they're pretty good.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.