Official NBA Thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
After witnessing him quit on the Cavs in 2010 and leaving the Cavs like a snake, I'll never be a fan of him again. Dude acts too much like a bitch. He's a hall of famer and a bitch all at the same time.

Lol, my favorite kicks to ball in were the T-Mac 2s and Gil-Zero. I don't like the newer sneakers. They feel super cheap like they're made out of sock material and my ankles don't feel safe in them. I don't ball as much as I used to but when I do it's with the Jordan 10s, they're pretty good.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the flyknit materials they're using these days. At least not all the time. In casual sneakers, like the UltraBoosts and NMDs and VaporMaxs, they're fine. I feel like it's made for runners or just people wearing shoes for a long time that want something breathable. But I bet on basketball shoes, they're just prone to slipping around when you break too fast.

Man, we should get a thread on sneakers started. I think Jokerman is a big sneakerhead too, if I remember correctly. Someone complimented my Jordans a few years back lol. And the Cortezs even further back in time, during the board's golden days.

dilla

Embiid looked like a bum last night. Doubt it ever happens again but that was poetic how it happened in Toronto and Drake was talking shit too.

SAS's take on First Take was pretty hilarious too. He's mad at the Sixers right now

dilla

It's funny I had no idea about the calls to fire Boylen a few weeks ago. They're loud as fuck now after dropping two to Portland and the shitty Warriors.

Another coach gone but GarPax still got control over the team FO. We are the Browns of the NBA now. I guess the Knicks have that title officially, but they also have a similar situation as us, except with their owner fucking things up.

dilla

New York sports fans gotta be miserable. Everyone sucks, even the most storied sports franchise in the world in the Yankees hasn't won a championship this decade.

The Knicks have to be the most mismanaged organization. For the longest time, too. 30 years? Jets suck, Giants suck (though that's more recent and they've got a SB in each of the last two decades. I don't think they won in the 90s? Otherwise that would be three decades.

Mets suck. I don't follow hockey enough to know how the Islanders are doing, but then the rest of the state sucks with the Bills only this year being relevant in the East.

I thought it was bad with the Bulls not having shit since 98 or being competitive since Thibs left, but this is a whole city we're talking about.

dilla

LBJ working his magic with the Lakers now. Best record in the NBA, or close to it? After so many people wrote him and the Lakers off despite getting AD thinking LBJ was just in LA to eventually retire and start his Hollywood career and that he was just coasting through his final years in the NBA, no longer hungry for a ring.

Meanwhile the Bulls over here taking joy in beating a Kawhi and Beverly-less Clippers team

dilla

lol since I last posted that, the Lakers dropped two in a row for the first time this season. I'm a jinx.

dilla

Isn't it kinda wild how everyone shits on Toronto, year after year, and yet they still outperform preseason predictions every time?

#2 in the East. Imagine if Kawhi stuck around.

Also, what's going on in Philly? They kicked our ass last night but that Embiid and Butler exchange on social media makes it seem Embiid is about to bolt. Butler had those leadership skills but was still seen as a locker room issue sometimes; I wonder if he sowed his seeds in Embiid and it's starting to pop up.

ASG in Chicago this week. First Take is going to be broadcasting downtown at Navy Pier. Not looking to go even though Molly Qerim will be there :cool:

dilla

I don't get it. The calls for the firing of GarPax were literally on national TV when the ASG was here in Chicago last week. Still, the owner is dragging his feet on making moves. There's only been rumblings of GarPax being reassigned to different roles and having less of a hand in day to day stuff but the frustration with those two goes back 5+ years. And the only action being taken is this weak sauce talk about reassignments. That may or may not even happen.

Adn the Boylen stuff, goddamn, those timeouts. The media just grilling him at every turn and this dude is just wandering around with the team, still with a job. No cares, no worries in the world.

Lavine has been with the team two, three seasons now? That's time he'll never get back and he should hate the Bulls forever for wasting his time and talent here.

dilla

The Bulls doc from ESPN is set to air in a little over a week. I'm pretty stoked for it. Despite having a crew follow them around that whole season, I'm surprised it took 20+ years to release it.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
The Bulls doc from ESPN is set to air in a little over a week. I'm pretty stoked for it. Despite having a crew follow them around that whole season, I'm surprised it took 20+ years to release it.
I thought it got better with each episode but I thought jumping back and forth between time periods was unnecessarily confusing. Also, they had waayyy too many people in it.

One common piece of criticism is that it wasn't enough behind-the-scenes footage but to a casual fan who is not a Jordan stan, I found it exciting.

dilla

I thought it got better with each episode but I thought jumping back and forth between time periods was unnecessarily confusing. Also, they had waayyy too many people in it.

One common piece of criticism is that it wasn't enough behind-the-scenes footage but to a casual fan who is not a Jordan stan, I found it exciting.
I still haven't finished it. The further away we get from its airing, the more I feel like the doc was "spoiled" by listening to the media's reaction to it, week after week. I feel like I've already watched it without watching it because ESPN and sports radio had no sports to talk about and spent most of a work week talking about two hours of TV from the week before.

Maybe I'll give it some more time when it isn't still as fresh as it is now and try to watch it fresh again.

I briefly read something about the NBA draft being in October this year? Did they agree on a start date for the 2020 season as yet, or was it just the resumption of the 2019 season?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.