Sudden bazillion of 2pac leaks

Preach

I had a few interviews with producers and engineers from certain sessions. People like DJ Bobcat, QD3, Shock. They shared a lot of good info. Shock said the original version of So Many Tears had a guitar on it. That 2pac made him take it off and he didn't agree with him on it. But looking back, he realised that the version without the guitar is superior
You still got those to share? Or are they on the hitemup website?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
You still got those to share? Or are they on the hitemup website?
I only have a hard copy of the shock one. Everything else was accidentally destroyed. Although I do have a few old hard drives which they could possibly be on I need to type it up to ensure I never lose it fully

Preach

I only have a hard copy of the shock one. Everything else was accidentally destroyed. Although I do have a few old hard drives which they could possibly be on I need to type it up to ensure I never lose it fully
If you can hook any of these up that would be really cool. Especially the Shock one considering he's passed away.

Preach

I'll type it up at some point and share it with you
The 2Pac scene will thank you sincerely. There is a lot going on with trying to source old information that was lost right now. Some people are working on some big things for the scene. It won't bring us back to 2000 HitEmUp days, but an unreleased Shock interview would be the hottest topic in the 2Pac scene that week no doubt!

Preach

First of all, this is great. Second, since you're sharing, I'll also open up a bit. A while ago I took the dat rips for Starin' Through My Rearview, and in a night with Audacity created what I'd call "2pac is chilling here" version of that song. I didn't like that the awesome guitars sounded so muted in the released version, and I also didn't like their wasted opportunities on the outro (that I'm particularly proud of redoing). So I went overboard and basically 'mastered' an acoustic take on one of my favorite 2pac songs, and gave the released and unheard vocal tracks a bit of a punch. Feel free to give it a listen:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e3rvhysrqf5dp26/Starin247.mp3/file

Bass-heads will not appreciate this, since I removed all the drums and kicks and just left a gentle bass guitar.
This is one of the few songs that this could work for imo. Or maybe that's bullshit, but something about this song makes it good for this kinda thing. Maybe it's because I think of the original song, in which during large parts of it there are no drums. It just fits because you're used to hearing the sample like that maybe? Anyway, sounds great!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The 2Pac scene will thank you sincerely. There is a lot going on with trying to source old information that was lost right now. Some people are working on some big things for the scene. It won't bring us back to 2000 HitEmUp days, but an unreleased Shock interview would be the hottest topic in the 2Pac scene that week no doubt!

I'll let you take it to your new squad

Can we get a list of all available Leak , and the best versions Sound-wise for all Originals and Unreleased or Rare Songs. Been at this since 96 but have fallen way behind. Please advise to an organized list.

Preach

Can we get a list of all available Leak , and the best versions Sound-wise for all Originals and Unreleased or Rare Songs. Been at this since 96 but have fallen way behind. Please advise to an organized list.
That's actually a mammoth request.

I have a better suggestion. Come join the 2Pac scene discord, that's gonna help you far along the way. :) That's just to say we have tons of shit uploaded in a #downloads channel, and there's people there that can each give you "pieces of the puzzle", because it's truly a mammoth task. If we count alternate mixes/versions, there's been like, oh I dunno, 3-400 leaks since "back in the day". Split across something like 20-30-40 batches of leaks, each with their own back story and etc.

That's actually a mammoth request.

I have a better suggestion. Come join the 2Pac scene discord, that's gonna help you far along the way. :) That's just to say we have tons of shit uploaded in a #downloads channel, and there's people there that can each give you "pieces of the puzzle", because it's truly a mammoth task. If we count alternate mixes/versions, there's been like, oh I dunno, 3-400 leaks since "back in the day". Split across something like 20-30-40 batches of leaks, each with their own back story and etc.
thanks

In case anyone is interested:
plan to push for some of the very things Tupac Shakur was fighting for and trying to encourage US (THUG NATION) to unite and carry out. Please sign up to my "THUG NATION" Quarterly Newsletter sent to any serious 2pac fan for free in the USA via old fashioned printed ink and US POSTAL.

Register for this simply by reminding me of your correct address at: bladingjokerxb1@gmail.com.

1st Issue to hit the presses on 8/8/2022

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.