This is my thread

Jokerman

Pop star apologizes to fans after relationship reveal sparks backlash

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/asia/karina-aespa-kpop-apologizes-dating-intl-hnk/index.html

K-pop singer Karina from the group Aespa posting a handwritten apology online after her reported relationship drew outcry from many of her more fervent followers.

News of her relationship with actor Lee Jae-wook broke last week, confirmed by the agencies of both stars.

The response from fans across Asia was swift, and mixed – some expressed their support for the couple. But many others reacted with shock and fury.

Some outraged fans even sent a truck with an electronic billboard to the headquarters of Karina’s agency, according to the Chosun Ilbo newspaper, which published a photo of the sign. “Do you not get enough love from your fans?” it read. “Why did you choose to betray your fans?”

(Apparently, you can't have a private relationship if you're a female K-Pop star or your fans think you've betrayed them. They need you single. And this fool girl apologized to them, unlike Doja Cat who told her fans, "of course, I don't love you, cuz I don't even know y'all." Like that had to be said. The young are becoming less and less capable of functioning in the real world. )

(Apparently, you can't have a private relationship if you're a female K-Pop star or your fans think you've betrayed them. They need you single. And this fool girl apologized to them, unlike Doja Cat who told her fans, "of course, I don't love you, cuz I don't even know y'all." Like that had to be said. The young are becoming less and less capable of functioning in the real world. )
Private is private. Public is public!

Is Doja Cat that red spiky Sith lord? lol

There certainly is perhaps an unappealing sexual factor involved, like purity and virginity.

I do think it’s much more cultural than that.

I believe boy stars are expected the same, to be single, and sometimes the expectation by the female fans is greater. This “no dating” rule has, traditionally, been expected when signing a contract with an agency. Sexual scandals hurts brandname, especially if the star is selling a “pure image”.

They need them single because being passionately in love outside of the performance will take away the star’s love & dedication for the fans, at least that’s the sentiment. Sometimes relationships fail when a career is prioritized!

Just a guess but she’s apologizing because she got caught. lol To save face. If she broke a promise, even an unwritten rule of “no dating”, she is in violation of her responsibility, to her brandname and everyone in the collective that helped build her career. And trust me, these crazy fans invest a lot of time, energy and money!!

I don't get into pop stuff like this... at all.

Last edited:
My grandmother, passed away decades ago, who's name literally meant "child of rising sun" was a very respected teacher of Koto music, flower arrangement and tea ceremony. I feel very fortunate to have had her in my life as a little boy. I think about her often!!

Conformity

Collectivistic cultures tend to be “tight,” meaning that there is a very limited acceptable range of behaviors for any given situation.

For example, the traditional Japanese tea ceremony involves a group sitting in an uncomfortable position for about an hour around a fascinating object, with the highest-ranking member sitting closest to the object and the lowest-ranking member sitting the farthest away.

The group members listen to the distinctive sounds of hot and cold water falling before the tea is offered to the highest-ranking member. He must decline a specific number of times before accepting, after which the tea is offered to the second-highest ranking member.

This calculated process of denial continues with each member and follows a strict sense of customs that must not be broken.

However, the formalized rituals of collectivism are fading as countries undergo rapid economic growth. For example, few in the younger Japanese population have experienced a tea ceremony (Triandis 1995).

This parallels a general decline in traditional roles, such as Japanese adults caring for elders (Bellah 1985).

https://www.simplypsychology.org/what-are-collectivistic-cultures.html

Btw, my above mentioned grandmother, "child of rising sun" lived through WW2 in Japan. As a little girl, she saw fire bombings by US forces. She told me the P51-Mustangs would fly so low that she could see the faces of the pilots. Famine forced her as a tiny girl to grow potatoes in her school yard.

Amazing lady, and I remember people lined up around the block to pay respect to her at the funeral. I was about 5 or 6.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Pop star apologizes to fans after relationship reveal sparks backlash

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/asia/karina-aespa-kpop-apologizes-dating-intl-hnk/index.html

K-pop singer Karina from the group Aespa posting a handwritten apology online after her reported relationship drew outcry from many of her more fervent followers.

News of her relationship with actor Lee Jae-wook broke last week, confirmed by the agencies of both stars.

The response from fans across Asia was swift, and mixed – some expressed their support for the couple. But many others reacted with shock and fury.

Some outraged fans even sent a truck with an electronic billboard to the headquarters of Karina’s agency, according to the Chosun Ilbo newspaper, which published a photo of the sign. “Do you not get enough love from your fans?” it read. “Why did you choose to betray your fans?”

The internet celeb culture has been out of hand for a while but stuff like this still makes me realize how sad some folks are. The person on the screen is all they have.

Reading about these fans meeting these celebs at conventions is pretty funny, though. Especially the video of it. Most recently I saw one of Amouranth's mods get ignored by her at a convention on a livestream and it was super cringe.

The real problem is when these dudes get violent in real life because the streamer is in a relationship.

If you're watching Joe Biden's state of the union, you support the genocide of Palestinians. Also, you support Taylor Swift. Thank you for your support.
Biden caught on hot mic at State of the Union revealing his ‘come to Jesus’ chat with Netanyahu

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-caught-hot-mic-state-170935792.html

That's so Antisemitic™

Here's a wild guess. He was told to say that and they left the mic on.

RELATED: Was Nuland Fired for Her Role In the Ukraine Debacle?

THUG.jpg

The internet celeb culture has been out of hand for a while but stuff like this still makes me realize how sad some folks are. The person on the screen is all they have.

Reading about these fans meeting these celebs at conventions is pretty funny, though. Especially the video of it. Most recently I saw one of Amouranth's mods get ignored by her at a convention on a livestream and it was super cringe.

The real problem is when these dudes get violent in real life because the streamer is in a relationship.
Niggaz don't know, they busy collecting Mario coins on they iPhones.

Last edited:
No comment on the dead "suicided" guy except middle aged white Americans are killing themselves.

Although the United Airline planes "overrunning the runaway" stuff we've heard might be just random, I glanced over some headlines about Boeings having missing bolts and dish soap being used for lubricant? Viral videos of doors blowing off, tape being used to hold paint down, wings being damaged. You start to wonder about the connection between what Mr. Beckwith and others have said about faster jet streams and how much these planes can handle faster air speed!

China is ready to enter the air with their commercial jets. We may never know how much of this stuff is actually industrial sabotage in the ongoing economic war.

THE de-dollarization is likely designed. Money pushers wouldn't make drastic economic changes like that without planning way ahead. Which brings us to the theory that USA is being flushed down the toilet by design.

It's not racist if I say, "Asian peoples are genetically predisposed to factory work" :):(:mad:

Jokerman

Hamas - “We have no idea how many Israeli hostages are still alive. We can’t give you a count. We’re hiding in caves, you know.”

“Do you know how many Palestinians were killed by the IDF yesterday?”

Hamas - “2,326 and 1/2. 453 were women, 342 children, and 789 were babies. Plus 123 dogs and 98 cats. 34 were Persian cats.”

Hamas - “We have no idea how many Israeli hostages are still alive. We can’t give you a count. We’re hiding in caves, you know.”

“Do you know how many Palestinians were killed by the IDF yesterday?”

Hamas - “2,326 and 1/2. 453 were women, 342 children, and 789 were babies. Plus 123 dogs and 98 cats. 34 were Persian cats.”
Maybe Israelis and Gulf Monarchs fund Hamas. We know they use "western weapons" - I really don't care at this point because the the crime scene in the Palestinian region is just a geopolitical focal point. The absolute lies and hypocrisy that is DC and their Western lackeys, especially the dirt bag Israeli establishment!!

Man, Boeing going through some shit this year. And then that one ex-employee/whistleblower found dead from suicide.
Thanks for posting this. It's no joke. I was going to post it but I wasn't sure if anybody was interested.

Canceled my Florida Keys getaway this year. I don't feel good about what the sky is telling me. No joke! :p

owl wink.jpg

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.