Official NFL Thread (09)

Shadows

^not the whole time. Just the beginning of the season. Dude was WAAAAY to young. =(

Just got into this Dallas game. Is it dominating or what?

Duke

Staff member
Watched both games. First was alright, second was a cracker.

Can't believe how much the Viks fumbled. Crazy. AP sometimes ran like a beast, sometimes he lost easy balls. Farf got pummelled tonight, not even his fault.

Most interesting thing imo was that even though Saints won, Brees had very little real impact on the game. I can't really remember an outstanding play from him tonight.
Cos Brees having a monster game was pretty much the only outside chance I gave the Saints beforehand.

Shadows

^True.

I think the same. That's why I hate when they say he is like a new god quarterback. I dont believe so.

But it is interesting in seeing the 'two biggest MVP candidates' go at it for a superbowl.

Anyone here actually care about the probowl?

roaches

uh, did he not throw three touchdowns and zero interceptions? he didn't hog the game like the other guy but he's still the general and did a damn fine job.

vikings shoulda won that game. too bad favre had to infect the entire team with his favre-ness. he's choked in the playoffs for what, a decade straight now?

Anyone here actually care about the probowl?
i'm happy london fletcher gets to go now but nope. i don't think even 99% of the players care anymore, now that they don't get a trip to hawaii out of it.

Shadows

^true. But a lot of it was the team, man.

AD fumbled like what, 5 times?

Favre got hit 15?

It's not ALL on Favre, even though he did throw the INT.

Duke

Staff member
uh, did he not throw three touchdowns and zero interceptions? he didn't hog the game like the other guy but he's still the general and did a damn fine job.

vikings shoulda won that game. too bad favre had to infect the entire team with his favre-ness. he's choked in the playoffs for what, a decade straight now?

i'm happy london fletcher gets to go now but nope. i don't think even 99% of the players care anymore, now that they don't get a trip to hawaii out of it.

If the Vikings wouldn't have fumbled the ball as if it was going out of style, they would've won. How many turnovers were there? Lots. They practically gave the Saints posession a few times.

Sure Brees did his job but he didn't shine and sparkle last night as perhaps a bunch of people expected.

And I didn't see Favre choking. The team let him down. The old sod got hit all the time as well, but was barely sacked (if at all).

roaches

And I didn't see Favre choking. The team let him down.
i see. the TEAM made him fumble once and throw two picks, including one when the vikings were within range of the game-winning field goal. i guess the team also let him down in the 02 when he threw six picks in the divisional, and in 03 when he had turnovers on three straight fourth-quarter drives in the wild-card game, and in 04 when he threw a pick on the first play of OT in the divisional, and in 05 when he threw four picks, and of course in 08 when he threw a pick on the second play of overtime. get the fuck outta here.

this is brett favre, this is what he does. he hasn't been shit since the packers got pwned by the broncos.

Duke

Staff member
I'm talking about last night, not 6 years back. 1 forced error, 1 real mistake.

You just don't like Favre and will jump on any opportunity to talk smack about him :D

S. Fourteen

infect the entire team with his favre-ness.
He infected the entire state of Minnesota and beyond with fairly positive outcomes. Vikings fans had not been this excited since 1998. I am one of many fans who are wishing for his return next season.

Shadows

Superbowl tomorrow.

Who you got?

I'm rooting for the Saints, simply b/c Drew Brees and Reggie Bush b/c their ties to my home town.

I'm rooting for the Colts b/c I just want to see Peyton have 1 more ring than his shitty little brother that didn't deserve one.

So, I don't care who wins, really.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.